Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

6 hours ago, Buddy1987 said:

Super disappointing up this way. Pretty much all rain. Temp went from 39 to 35 but radar is lightening up and will really need 2nd batch to over perform. Hopefully the frontogenesis that has been talked about will come to fruition. No longer having good feelings about this. Crazy to me because to my south and west it really over achieved. Sat under heavy yellows for easily 30 min plus and couldn’t flip. 

What causes that do you think?  I've been in that situation numerous times.  My folks live in Cave Spring (grew up there) and I don't know if it's urban heating or elevation but at times the transition from rain to snow seems to take a bit longer around Roanoke.

I went from a 33 degree cold rain all night long up until an hour ago to a decent 32 degree snow.  Everything is white.  This is the forth small snow event of the season.  I haven’t measured yet, but it should put me over 3” for this winter.  We all still need one big snow before planning our gardens.

• Like 1

Congrats to my fellow upstate peeps and everyone who got in on the flakes flying!! I love all the pictures everyone :wub: MBY didn’t see any snow, only a rain/sleet/tiny flake slop. From the look of it, the snow line set up 1.5 miles from me. <_< :rolleyes: Next time I do a spell for snow, I’ll be facing east instead of west :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tealsnowball said:

What causes that do you think?  I've been in that situation numerous times.  My folks live in Cave Spring (grew up there) and I don't know if it's urban heating or elevation but at times the transition from rain to snow seems to take a bit longer around Roanoke.

Honestly I have no idea. It’s super odd. I live more or less out in the country compared to downtown Roanoke or anything like that. I’m in between exit 137 and 132 if you are familiar with the area up this way. Only thing that would make sense is rates and the simple fact that you most likely had some good bands come through and we did not. 

Drought is over!  Maybe trace to 1/2 inch here outside of cowpens in Spartanburg, SC and thankful for every flake that flew!  Drove up to a friends house in Landrum/Campobello areas and they had a solid 2.5 inches on the ground by 10:30.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they cashed out over 3.  To those that didn’t get squat, trust me I feel your pain - Hoping for a big one later on this month!