Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

28 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Based on reports and on current radar this is shaping up to be an impressive win for the HRRR, it was so consistent with putting heavy snow and decent accumulations up 85 to Hickory and points East. I’ll give it props on this one!

The jury is still deliberating though.  The HRRR has some unfinished work to do through the morning.  I’m very skeptical that what’s it showing will verify for points east of Hwy 220 in NC.  Highly unlikely.

Good flakes here outside of Pendleton (extreme Northern Anderson county near Central) , looks to be the end of the show with the warm nose creeping this way and precip ending. 

Never will complain about a surprise 2" snowfall in the South though. I hope a lot more people get to see some snow out of this, pulling for you. 

• Like 1

And now dime sized flakes inflated to quarter sized flakes are falling and the deck is getting a nice coat. Looking at radar, there is a river of snow flowing my way up the I-85 corridor. Congrats to the HRRR for nailing the location of that stream of snow from 12 hours out.