Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

2 minutes ago, LakeNormanStormin said:

Been there done that too many times since I moved here in 2015. Pouring snow at Exit 28 only to meet pouring snow 2 miles south down Catabwa Avenue. It's both fascinating and frustrating in these parts lol

I"m on Faith Rd so I"ll let you know if anything starts happening here

• Like 1

This system will be a good one to really show if the HRRR is as bad as we think it is with winter storms. I’m still not excited for this for the Piedmont/Hickory area. We’ve seen decent snow and 34 degrees a few times this years and it equated to nothing. Hope I’m wrong but the temps don’t have me excited. I think we will be lucky to get another trace with 1-2” in the immediate foothills.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

This system will be a good one to really show if the HRRR is as bad as we think it is with winter storms. I’m still not excited for this for the Piedmont/Hickory area. We’ve seen decent snow and 34 degrees a few times this years and it equated to nothing. Hope I’m wrong but the temps don’t have me excited. I think we will be lucky to get another trace with 1-2” in the immediate foothills.

It’s going to be a fun ride. Looking at DPs, we’re going to be entirely banking on heavy rates, which is certainly possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wx n of atl said:

snow mixed in with the rain here now temp is 38 

Yeah I’m here in the Dallas Georgia area and it’s 35° and there’s snow rain and sleet falling. It’s funny because 2 1/2 hours ago I was outside and it was 50° by my car temp but now it’s 35

19 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

It's a tough forecast for sure.  burrell and others have been on this, but if it will come in hot and heavy on the leading edge of the frontogenesis band that is propagating north, it will want to drop the sfc temps to 33-34 for some wet snow accumulations while the sun is down (which helps).  18z GFS sounding in the upstate at 10pm

Feb-6-GFS-Sounding.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1