Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

I would say between now and 12 hours before precip start is when HRRR becomes more accurate if it ever does at any point and I think you know this but would begin to get more believable just being in range. 

I'm just looking for trends, and the trends today have been for heavier precip here with the initial surge 

8 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

Ouch. It keeps trending north and now pretty much takes me out of any snow. Oh well. Not surprising to say the least.

Yeah the north trends are about to take us out of it. Majorly sharp cut off with this. I was at work this morning and very surprised to see my temp all the way up to 49 with mostly cloudy skies. Would have been nice to stay in the 30s today.

54 minutes ago, gritsnc said:

Brad P just said basically rain for everyone outside of the higher elevation mountains. On to the next one, if there is a next one.

Is it just me, or is the old boy developing a bit of an attitude? Seems like he took some sh*t over a winter forecast a while back,  and ever since...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I really think the southern escarpment from Cashiers to Brevard up to Lake Lure and Old Fort may cash out. They will have the best rates and higher elevation. Could definitely see 4 to 6 there. 

I can see here in Saluda NC being in that mix.  Currently 47.5/14.5... I think it's workable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mercurydime said:

Is it just me, or is the old boy developing a bit of an attitude? Seems like he took some sh*t over a winter forecast a while back,  and ever since...

He definitely has. He comes off as pompous and rude lately. Jason Boyer does a better job on social media in my opinion. He may not be as good a forecaster but he seems like a nice dude 

• Like 1

He definitely has. He comes off as pompous and rude lately. Jason Boyer does a better job on social media in my opinion. He may not be as good a forecaster but he seems like a nice dude 
Boyer is a really nice down to earth guy. Brad P. has always seemed really arrogant to me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm assuming current wet bulb temps are actually better than expected based on this from the latest discussion from GSP:

Dewpoints remain low w.r.t. the
forecast, with even the new values entered last hour now proving
too high, reflecting the dry high pressure that will eventually
support in-situ CAD, developing after warm frontal precip spreads
in from the south later this aftn. Will have to take another look
at p-type this afternoon and evening as a result, but even with
good wet-bulbing temps are warm enough that precip probably will
start as rain everywhere except the higher mountains.

This definitely adds up cause my forecast dew point was 23 at 2pm while in reality it was 14.5