• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

Anywhere from nothing up to 4" here. Ill expect nothing and hope for 2.  Overnight models had pretty good consensus of rain changing over around 9 or 10pm. Variations in duration and warm air takeover. Dropped down to 24 so far this morning..

Wouldnt mind some clouds rolling in about now!

Wow! @BornAgain13 I am shocked you didn’t emphasize or speak on the 6z RGEM! Big bump nw with precip shield. That is a stone cold assassin right there for my area and yours. 700 frontogenesis is just straight dumb. I would not be shocked at all to hear someone reporting thunder snow later tonight.

3k and 12k both have it blasting our area and then moving north northeast.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen models vary so much in my life between run to run, between each other, and with meteorologists’ forecasts.

Model A says Whoville will be getting 6” of snow.  Model B says Whoville might get 2”.  Model A later says 3”.  Model B goes to 5” then to 1” on the next run.  Your local friendly met says Whoville will get a dusting at best.  Model A swings back to 5”.  Model B goes offline for a while, but comes back on and says you’ll get 4”.  No wait.  0.5”.  Whoville might get 0.5”.

Whoville ends up getting an inch of sleet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

The 12z brought in a good thump.

sn10_acc.us_ma (2).png

Gotta love how the 7.1 inch jackpot is right over my house. :axe: Yeah...that will be the day. Still thinking of only a mix bag of rain and snow here with no accumulations. It’s gonna be too warm for all accumulating snow especially with it slated to get into the 50’s today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

Gotta love how the 7.1 inch jackpot is right over my house. :axe: Yeah...that will be the day. Still thinking of only a mix bag of rain and snow here with no accumulations. It’s gonna be too warm for all accumulating snow especially with it slated to get into the 50’s today.

I would not be one bit upset if that played out verbatim. However, I am sure a lot of folks would be caught off-guard.

Look nice but I am still very concerned about timing. Had good lows this morning, down to 25 at my house but too sunny this am. There are clouds to my south but they are not coming in very fast. There is nothing to keep temps from quickly rising into the 40s, at which point the clouds will not help. We may well see snow fall, but it won't accumulate in the 40s no matter the rates. This really needed to come through about 6 am this morning! This also may be one of those times that just south of I-85 will be a better location. Earlier cloud cover and better precip coverage.

Just now, burrel2 said:

The nam is the only model that doesn’t develop banding over the upstate... gfs, icon, cmc, rap, hrrr, euro all have banding over us. You tell me?

Good luck to you guys down there! I hope you have a hell of a surprise in store. Been far too long for you all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gonna come down to nowcasting and Radar watching for the upstate. If we can get a heavy/consistent  band to come through from 6-10pm we will get accumulations. If we don’t then it’ll just be white rain for us. Southern mountains look to get mauled either way. 

• Like 2