Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

17 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

I said earlier I think you might be sitting pretty as well. 

I agree, all I worry about is Getting the heavy rates to overcome the boundary layer. If we get the rates we will get 3-6 inches. If it’s spotty and lighter than models show we will get no accumulation. The boundary layer was thicker last season and I managed 3 inches thanks to 3 hours of steady heavy rates.  

4 hours ago, Lookout said:

Yeah it never seems to fail ours pop up on short notice. I agree it looks good for most, although down my way I'm on the razors edge as usual. It will come down to the elevated warm layer here. Gfs and euro aren't as aggressive with it as the nam and new 12z hrrr isn't either. I do expect to see flakes fall at least for a while..even if its just a mix. Gainesville to gsp probably will be the sweet spot (outside mountains)

I consider it all a bonus after the 4 to 5 inches I saw in gatlinburg earlier this week but unlike that snow, which was dry, this will be the big flake variety which would be nice. Believe it or not I even saw about a minute worth of sleet last evening around 630 while I was feeding the dog and it was 48 degrees. That is the second highest temp I've ever seen sleet before iirc. 

Hey was wondering where you’ve been lol. I think this is similar to last feb 5 or so when we had one pop up and give a good 5” snowfall. The storms way out on the models are just too unreliable and waffle too much then disappear.  It’s the pop up ones that seem to do pretty well in n ga. I am not too surprised to see the sleet and/or rain mixing in. It’s pretty common imby at least. But it looks like could be a decent couple of hours of snow at least.