Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

Just now, BornAgain13 said:

Solid run by 0z GFS

I’m thinking at this point solid 3-6/4-8 would be best first guess for our areas. Looks like everything has trended just a tad southeast which obv helps you out in marginal temp situations. If that southern stream wave is a little stronger and the northern wave can race out in front somewhat this thing could def negatively tilt some and become more amped. As of right now tho 0z doesn’t seem to be going that way although timing could easily change on the 6z models.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Is it only me or do the sleet/frz rain issues seem a little odd in this setup? I’ve lived in WNC my whole life and I can’t think of too many times a low in that position had a ton of sleet or frz rain mixing in. Usually just rain or snow and no in between with sharp gradients. 

Was thinking samething it’s usually rain or snow it seems but hey it’s 2021 anything is possible 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

0z CMC big improvements from 12z... decent snows in western NC,  up into VA

Idk if you consider it a good or bad thing but I don’t think this thing is done trending yet. I believe it ends up willing it’s way more north and west. I have a gut feeling the n/s interaction will cause the storm to be amped some.

3 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Dang guys, things really escalated overnight, huh? Woke up to every model dumping 6 inches of paste here with 850s in the -3 to -5 range. What a time to be alive!

I was wondering when you would show up. Better wake up Oconee too. :D Seems like our snow systems always come out of nowhere like this. 

• Haha 1