• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 7th discussion/obs

The Iceman

I am looking at posted pictures from Southern Delaware County over towards the airport only have like coating to 1" on the grass the official report from the airport should be interesting coming up on 5" here in Media definitely got to my level of expectation probably end up with 5.0-5.7" or so.  

Literally 2 miles away has like less than 2" elevation huge factor.

I sit at 345 feet the magic number is 400Feet ;plus gets 8-10" where the banding set up.

As of 12:50 pm, we're up to 5.0" continuing the 1.5"/hr rate, although the intensity just let up after that, while I was doing my 2nd shovel - again, easy with the wide broom.  32F and seeing a bit of melting on paved surfaces that were plowed and have some blacktop, with the midday Feb sun.  

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Dang. She came in with 5.2" as of Noon local. Just reported to Mount Holly. Wish I could get in on the snow. Gonna be 75 degrees here today haha

I might have actually underestimated. 5” looks about right, and it has still been snowing yet more lightly. Nice storm!

11 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

I might have actually underestimated. 5” looks about right, and it has still been snowing yet more lightly. Nice storm!

Awesome! Definitely a nice event for y'all. Looks like fun later this week too, along with cold. Could be ripping powder next time with some staying power. I'll be sure to pop in so we can compare her obs. Thanks! ^_^

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

No reports from Philly proper?  

I've been posting on and off in this thread from NW Philly (near Montco border).  Am up near 4" where I am.  Getting light but steady snow now with normal flakes.  Still have not gone below freezing the entire event and it's currently. 33.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I've been posting on and off in this thread from NW Philly (near Montco border).  Am up near 4" where I am.  Getting light but steady snow now with normal flakes.  Still have not gone below freezing the entire event and it's currently. 33.

Same. About 4” far Northeast Philly. 5 miles to the nw. 10 inches around warminster. 

23 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

17 minutes ago, Snowcane21 said:

Same. About 4” far Northeast Philly. 5 miles to the nw. 10 inches around warminster. 

Thanks.  A guy on social media is saying 0.0" in Center City, even in a back yard.  Hard to believe that.  I assume grassy areas still had snow cover in Philly, correct?  

7 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Here is your elevation report at the airport at 1:03 pm reported 0.7" so far meanwhile 10 miles away you got 5" go another 10 miles and you are sitting at 10".

Yep. I'm over in Glen Mills (Middletown Township) about 5 to 6 miles from Media and we are barely squeaking out 2.5 inches but we also sit at 220' elevation.

Tapering off to light now. I am going to call it at 7.5" about 2 miles N of Hopewell here in the Sourlands! Elevation definitely paid off as we never started as rain and temps reached a high of 33. Now down to 29F.  Up to 26" on the season, which I believe is right around normal here for the entire season. Everything from here on out is gravy!

4 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Thanks.  A snow hater A guy on social media is saying 0.0" in Center City, even in a back yard.  Hard to believe that.  I assume grassy areas still had snow cover in Philly, correct?  

It’s possible. You gain decent elevation as you go north in the city and we often have much more snow than center city and the airport.