• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

Still snowing decently but not accumulating as its compacting faster. Reached 5 inches then a lull which it compacted to 4.5. After that had some really good rates and measured 5.5. Now it's back to 4.5 -5.0 depending where I measure. I'll go with 5.5 although we probably got over 6. This may have been 7-8 if it was a couple degrees colder or fell mostly at night. 

There was never 1 global that gave my area over .5 QPF. on any run leading up to the event. Nice surprise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Still snowing decently but not accumulating as its compacting faster. Reached 5 inches then a lull which it compacted to 4.5. After that had some really good rates and measured 5.5. Now it's back to 4.5 -5.0 depending where I measure. I'll go with 5.5 although we probably got over 6. This may have been 7-8 if it was a couple degrees colder or fell mostly at night. 

There was never 1 global that gave my area over .5 QPF. on any run leading up to the event. Nice surprise.

I measured 5.2 on my deck before the lull. Measured another 1.8 after from the second round. But depth never got above 5.8 and now it’s compacted back to like 5 again. So 7 actually fell between the two heavy bands but we never passed 5.8 depth due to compaction during the lull.  Also this is the kind of borderline event where my 300 extra feet might have mattered some. It was 33 during a lot of the storm even up here. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

lol crazy. Had rain mixing IMBY. Drove about 3mi away up near Howard High with about 200ft elevation on me and it’s heavy snow and they probably have close to 2” OTG.

My brother said he drove literally 4-5 mins west down 108 away from 29 and saw easily 2”+ more of snow OTG. I believe it. Radar app I use on my iPhone (Hi-Def radar) is pretty damn spot on with P type per people’s reporting here and there have been pockets of rain and mix all over east hoco this AM. Made its way into Germantown too.

can really get a sense of everyone’s micro climates per their reports on this one. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Sun is out in Winchester. I hope todays event will help preserve the snowpack that was left from last weeks storm. On to the mid week event. 

Suspect that will be my fate here soon within the hour. Over 6” is a winner in my book. On to the next one! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Hoping to keep the light/moderate snow going for a while and then clouds most of the day here. Models have been showing temps maxing out around 36 here before dropping.

This was the sickest little snow event in a while, probably since March 2018. 3 inches on the ground here. 

Ready for tonight's glacier?

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic