Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

I have a little bit of a coating but now it’s a rain snow mix with light rates. I’d be kinda surprised if I pull out more then 1”

I would be thrilled with an inch at this point. If the banding cooperates over this way I might do ok. Dont like seeing it translate mostly to my SE on guidance though.

• Like 1

Side streets covering up nicely in upper nw. Since my house faces north I still had some snow on the ground from last weekend. Most of my front yard is pretty much shadowed from the sun all day at this time of year. So, at least IMFY, this is the much-desired snow on top of snow. 
I never got too invested in this one for some reason, so my ruling passion is ambivalence for today. Passionate ambivalence is not a bad way to come to grips with a lot of life’s little PITAs. 

4 minutes ago, MountainGeek said:

30, back to mod/heavy SN, about 3.5" so far....absolutely gorgeous out there

This outer band is firing up now. Looks like maybe another hour or so of decent snow for me. I am happy though. Gonna probably end up with around 4 inches. And the models really wanted to put my area in the screw zone yesterday. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

This outer band is firing up now. Looks like maybe another hour or so of decent snow for me. I am happy though. Gonna probably end up with around 4 inches. And the models really wanted to put my area in the screw zone yesterday. 

Yup -- a pretty good win for Winchester. I'm hoping to get one more good pasting out of that outer band, maybe make it to 5". Regardless, snow on snow and a beautiful Sunday morning out there. 

• Like 1

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Enjoy man! I know the area. It's gotta be a picturesque scene in your hood right now. I can see you closing to near 4.5-5" at this point. 

Thanks, it is indeed picturesque.  I’ve been outside watching the massive flakes fir about 30 min and almost an inch has accumulated.. so about 2”/hr at the moment.

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, T. August said:

Crazy that this is a NW event. Who saw that coming? It’s almost like... it always happens? And somehow I get sucked in to believing that it won’t be lol.

Those clown maps are really a joke for events like this with marginal temperatures. The odds of the eastern shore and southern Maryland getting 8" while DC and Rockville got 4" with temps near 33 was low. 

Im slowly learning to trust the QPF and climo rather than the snow maps verbatim when temperature is even a maybe. 

We’re like one big dysfunctional family and I love it.

“wooo....it’s dumping fatties”

”technically, it’s not”

”just rain here by the shitter plant”

”stop fighting you debs”

”it’s nice on the backside. He he he”

[walks into room] ”hey everyone, I have more snow than all of you. have you read my latest book?”

• Haha 8

Just now, dukeblue219 said:

Those clown maps are really a joke for events like this with marginal temperatures. The odds of the eastern shore and southern Maryland getting 8" while DC and Rockville got 4" with temps near 33 was low. 

Im slowly learning to trust the QPF and climo rather than the snow maps verbatim when temperature is even a maybe. 

For sure. It’s just even worse than I thought it would be in Havre de Grace lol.

Anyway... it’s dumping massive flakes. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic