Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

Just now, T. August said:

I know you’re right but that’s kinda dumb I always thought. It’s legit 1-2”/hr right now, but dead-calm, so vis is pretty good, so I can’t call it heavy snow

ya know what I’m saying?

How much you have in darlington now? Looks like over 2 in Bel air north by eyeballing it

14 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Erin, I've lived in Germantown before and the difference between certain areas of town and others is stark. At Milestone off 355 and 29, roads can be wet, but my in-laws off Brink and into the local hills can have fully caved roads and treacherous driving conditions. It's weird. Don't fret though. Enjoy the snow!

I am at Milestone and can vouch for this.  I've seen 3 inches less than five miles up Rt 27 when I had a slushy coating.

The snow is pretty to watch but is not accumulating, even of the deck and grass.  It's just keeping a steady state of about 3/4 inch.  Very disappointing compared to the 4-6" expected!  Oh well, I'll just enjoy the cottonball snow TV and the trees, and not look at the ground.  Got some 2-inch plus chunks falling now.  Oh if it was just 5 degrees colder!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

You are too far east for the band I've been getting for almost a couple hours now. Maybe it will pivot east and get you. The back edge is definitely advancing east pretty quickly.

I’m out on this one. It’s fine. As long as I can see some parachutes for a brief time. All good. Plenty of fun times ahead...

Just now, Scraff said:

I’m out on this one. It’s fine. As long as I can see some parachutes for a brief time. All good. Plenty of fun times ahead...

Should be better for you now. I'm in between bands now so I'm getting what you probably were. Basically white rain here right now.

7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Microclimates in that area are real! Used to have the same thing at my in-laws when I lived there for a year. Germantown would have white rain and I'd measure 1-2" at the house. It's bizarre, but it's MoCo! 

Just travel a little further north on Route 27 to Damascus. I was always amazed as a kid how much more we would get than say Rockville.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic