Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

13 minutes ago, WxMan1 said:

Still a snow and rain mix here in Crofton, 35°F.

Evoking lots of memories of Snowquester here (March 6, 2012). Without the cold antecedent airmass, those that will do well (better) are our friends over higher elevations and/or under FGEN, perhaps convective banding. Otherwise, meh. 

Really weirdly, Charlottesville had like 16+ inches for Snowquester (which I think was 2013).

16 inches of the wettest, slushiest snow I've ever seen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dendrimer77 said:

Moderate snow and 32 down here just north of charlottesville. Rain hung in a little longer than we all hoped but nice to sip coffee and watch it snow now. Epic jebwalk about to commence

Wear something water resistant. It's not particularly cold but you will get wet in this stuff!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The rain / snow line has a sw to ne component to it. Happens a lot with developing storms like this. 

And @North Balti Zen, there’s a good band to our southwest. We should be fine. Back to moderate snow here up the hill from you.

image.jpeg.1237b98b68fa8b4fe9322a09c7554052.jpeg

Hope so. The sound of rain in the gutters is the sound of sadness. I fought all week to hold snow over for snow on snow but foiled again in the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Wow if it's already snowing down there this thing is really crashing temps. It was just raining up here like 20 minutes ago. Wild. 

Buck wild. It was fun to watch the transition. From rain to snow with accum in the time it took the coffee to brew.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic