Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Upper level energy catching the surface out ahead ?

The SS SW is in Arkansas moving into TN now. That precip breaking out in TN is associated with lift ahead of it.  That’s what will become the area of precip that will affect us tomorrow so seeing it outperform guidance is good. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WEATHER53 said:

Well Early this afternoon I called for 43/25 at 9pm and it was 43/28 and now 45/24 so my temperature concerns at the surface are not alleviated. Still looks like 34/35 when steady snow is falling. Can make out with heavy rates thru about 9am then too much radiance 

Current temps really aren’t the biggest issue. Rates are. if the column can cool dynamically it won’t matter. Also wet bulbs will bring it down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Final call map below 

Made significant changes based on latest trends in guidance. Hopefully they revert back a bit and screw over my map. Still a nice storm for some. The metros may never accumulate one inch due to UHI hell. Don't feel like writing a synopsis this evening. I'm tired and have a few things to do tonight. I'll check in after the 00z NAM runs and the HREF starts populating. 

1222513445_MASnowForecast2-6-21.thumb.png.d8f711e06dd3178e3cdb167c64f095af.png

This might actually work

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The SS SW is in Arkansas moving into TN now. That precip breaking out in TN is associated with lift ahead of it.  That’s what will become the area of precip that will affect us tomorrow so seeing it outperform guidance is good. 

Most guidance was pretty wet in central TN tonight. What makes you think it's outperforming?

Just now, losetoa6 said:

My experience is often guidance "sees " the potential days out and will lose it only to return to that same idea near game time...but this is really cutting it close lol. I'm optimistic though unlike others here.

I’m definitely optimistic. Seen this song and dance before in this neck of the woods. I’m getting ready for 2-4” of the good stuff and will be delighted if we see more. I have no doubt someone will see 6” . Potentials there no doubt. Think people are putting way too much stock into snow maps tbh. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic