Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

20 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Agree!  Haven't been back there in a lot of years, but have been there a few times long ago, in another dimension of time when I lived in Ohio!

ETA:  At my age now, not sure I'd much care for or be able to handle a lot of these roller coasters anymore!! LOL!! :oldman:

Grew up going to Cedar Point every year. It was not to far from where I grew up. Last time I was there was when we took the Miss J’s when they were younger. My parents went with us so Mr J and I could do the coasters. Let me just say I got on the Raptor and almost tossed my cookies. That was the day I knew I was done with inverted coasters. Hershey Park put the nail in my coffin when the Wild Mouse did the same. :scooter:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I get the excitement, but maybe we should wait for backup?

agree...the NAMs faked us 12z then the rest of the run sucked. So far the other early 0z guidance isn’t as inspired. The HRRR and ARW were kinda meh. I’ll feel a lot better if the RGEN and ICON show a similar juiced up soliton in the next 30 mins. Otherwise the NAMS might just be doing NAM things again. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

agree...the NAMs faked us 12z then the rest of the run sucked. So far the other early 0z guidance isn’t as inspired. The HRRR and ARW were kinda meh. I’ll feel a lot better if the RGEN and ICON show a similar juiced up soliton in the next 30 mins. Otherwise the NAMS might just be doing NAM things again. 

The last ICON was solid right? Cant get it on tidbits. 

If the nams can't handle a storm 6 hours away....what's the purpose lol?
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ji said:
8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Read my mind. If it says it getting 6” 12 hours from now and I get 2, that’s a poor performance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Ask Weather53

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Read my mind. If it says it getting 6” 12 hours from now and I get 2, that’s a poor performance. 

To be fair, if it ends up being right then it scores a huge coup over pretty much every model. More than for being closer, but also for ‘finding’ the idea as time went on. There’s something to look at if that happens. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic