Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That’s why I didn’t post on Wintery Mix after the 18z train wreck. I had a feeling 0z might reverse course and didn’t want to ping pong. 

My husband reports everything that you both say on Jay’s page.  He’s ignored my snow forecasts for almost 30 years, but he  loves the Wintry Mix.  Lol  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I love cedar point! 

Agree!  Haven't been back there in a lot of years, but have been there a few times long ago, in another dimension of time when I lived in Ohio!

ETA:  At my age now, not sure I'd much care for or be able to handle a lot of these roller coasters anymore!! LOL!! :oldman:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm prob one of the few here who was never really worried about 18z guidance. The mood swings in here are pretty fun to watch tho. 0z is going to be kind it seems. If the gfs and cmc are good, I strongly suggest avoiding the 0z euro. 

I’m laughing, but you’re not wrong. The 18z euro wasn’t bad aloft, just didn’t really cause better QPF on the periphery. 

RGEM with a shot of redemption. Was actually better at 18 than 12. And let’s not forget the ICON which has liked this storm for a week. 

People bash the NAM but I think those days are long gone. IMO it’s been as reliable as any model given its range and purpose. I’ve been leaning on it for this storm and think it will provide the more likely scenario. Radar is matching more with its depiction, it’s been in its range for the past 24 hours, and climo suggested the precip shield would expand (particularly with that NW band—rarely do we get a storm that doesn’t provide that crew a boost even if just because of better lifting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Agree!  Haven't been back there in a lot of years, but have been there a few times long ago, in another dimension of time when I lived in Ohio!

ETA:  At my age now, not sure I'd much care for or be able to handle a lot of these roller coasters anymore!! LOL!! :oldman:

Not sure if you’ve ever been on the Top Thrill Dragster, but that one is almost unmanageable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Nope, never done that.  But honestly, last time I was there was probably like the late 1980s!

Wow yeah it’s definitely much newer. It shoots you off at 120mph and you go straight up 420’ then straight down. I saw one run not crest the top and come back down backward. Half the ride was in tears when it stopped back at start. 

edit: sorry last banter post. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Wow yeah it’s definitely much newer. It shoots you off at 120mph and you go straight up 420’ then straight down. I saw one run not crest the top and come back down backward. Half the ride was in tears when it stopped back at start. 

edit: sorry last banter post. 

A rollback, sick. There have been doubles. I’m sorry roo

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic