Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Man, I was on the phone talking to my friend and watching the run come in. I get off the phone to come here and say it was another nuking and I saw people about to ledge jump at hr 27. The lift was still there and everything. Some of y'all worry too much lol

I was about to ask where the hell you were.  Look, we know you have a priority area to forecast for, and maybe one day Midland will be that priority area, but for now....

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

high risk just called for a Blizzard yall. 

:lol:       I really expected the nest to bury us with the further west track, but it looks like it doesn't close off things at 850 until a bit too late for us.    It's a nice hit for sure, but we end up with a bit less than the parent which had the sfc low further east but closed off at 850 sooner..

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

:lol:       I really expected the nest to bury us with the further west track, but it looks like it doesn't close off things at 850 until a bit too late for us.    It's a nice hit for sure, but we end up with a bit less than the parent which had the sfc low further east but closed off at 850 sooner..

As this gets closer, if that h85 closes off and the low tucks off OC with this slowing down a bit as we’ve seen, some places could get some big totals near the mix line/in biggest bands. 

5 minutes ago, LP08 said:

@Ji deathband.

82413AAC-D773-4C6E-92B9-A6D238118BB6.png

Wow it's gonna be rocking from sunrise through late morning.  That's the best time for snow.  I'll throw on a little Sunday morning TV for the kids and just enjoy some coffee and watch it dump.

NAM drops most of our area to the teens or low 20s for Monday morning.  It'll be nice to follow the snow with a respectably cold night.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, high risk said:

Noticed that after you said something. That was really close to a bigger hit. Literally a 3 hr sooner closed 85H and Woof

• Like 3

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Is this storm really going to be better than the 1,000 hour snowstorm we just had a few days ago?

I think for this one, it’s not complicated. I have been told many times we don’t do complicated well. This one seems simple and straightforward.

It’ll be close for me as I got that last minute day 3 band that gave me 5” to come out to 7” in Germantown.

This is forecast to give me 6”. We’ll see!

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

Noticed that after you said something. That was really close to a bigger hit. Literally a 3 hr sooner closed 85H and Woof

That's tomorrow at 12z.  6z is gonna shit the bed (that's the one that always does)...then 12z we're all gonna be in here tossing weenies.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah that’s something to look out for. What does the ceiling really become with that evolution in an otherwise fast flow? It would certainly bomb the low a bit quicker and slow it down further in this case? 

Just now, ErinInTheSky said:

I think for this one, it’s not complicated. I have been told many times we don’t do complicated well. This one seems simple and straightforward.

It’ll be close for me as I got that last minute day 3 band that gave me 5” to come out to 7” in Germantown.

I got 7.5" this past week. I doubt I beat that on this storm tomorrow night. But even 4"-6" of heavy rates beats the hell out of the salt shaker snows we had over 72 hours. Honestly, it was the most boring snow I have ever seen, except for the final band.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

You got 5” on Tuesday in Germantown? That’s sick. We tacked on about 1-1.5” here. 

8 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

As this gets closer, if that h85 closes off and the low tucks off OC with this slowing down a bit as we’ve seen, some places could get some big totals near the mix line/in biggest bands. 

I hope it slows down some because that run was in and out in a hurry. 3K is down to like a 6-hour snowstorm.

7 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Yeah that’s something to look out for. What does the ceiling really become with that evolution in an otherwise fast flow? It would certainly bomb the low a bit quicker and slow it down further in this case? 

Areawide 4-8" with up to 11-12" max. Speed is too quick for anything that over the top in a marginal lower boundary layer. That's a big WSW event in an 8-10 hr time span

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic