Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

Just now, The Ole Bucket said:

I would take a colder but slightly less juicy solution over playing the knife-edge game... which we always lose.

Although actually.. there was one win I can recall. December 9-10 2018. That was a tremendous storm for CHO.

2018 lol, I should bring the bingo card back out.

NAM solutions have us with a solid thump and than teetering on the edge of sleet. I'll take that risk. Sleet in CHO is usually good news for everyone else, anyways.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

LWX is on board!

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.

Why do people around here still go to that embarrassment of an NWS website and these random talking heads on the local news when you have access to the latest info here?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Why do people around here still go to that embarrassment of an NWS website and these random talking heads on the local news when you have access to the latest info here?

Because 99% of people get wx info from phone apps that have no human input or those random talking heads. And when those things are wrong, it just feeds the never ending narrative of “THEY are never right”.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Gwen Tolbert on Fox is my go to and has been for 20 years

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

I'm not sure if you are aware, but, we just recently release a well thought out and user-friendly brand-spanking-new radar website...:deadhorse:

• Haha 9

19 minutes ago, high risk said:

Yeah, this morning's AFD from LWX is NOT aging well.....

It’s aging about as well as this 1990 CSN album cover. Additionally in the afternoon update, the forecast indicates a 20 percent chance of snow. In the AFD, they also day all terminals can expect ifr conditions in wintry weather sat night and Sunday. Which one is it?

52071704-565B-49EE-9A12-E056891582D8.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Looks like we hit around 40 or low 40s (in and around DC area, at least) Sunday afternoon after the precip ends, then it cools off quickly beginning in the evening into the mid-20s by middle of the night (for what that's worth out at 84h range).

Sounds like a recipe for some nasty ice.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

All imma say is this...we doubted the NAM when it the past storm started to fall apart....and it was right.    We believed in the RGEM.   I'm inclined to take the NAM seriously.  Obviously we're not getting. a foot, but...

NAM torched DC first in December as well... it really has been pretty decent this year in sniffing out trends. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Why is the new Radar so bad.  It looks like it could offer so many cool features.. but it is so slow.. you basically quit after the first or second click.

3 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

Why is the new Radar so bad.  It looks like it could offer so many cool features.. but it is so slow.. you basically quit after the first or second click.

I just use weathertap for larger regions and RadarScope for the zoomed in. This was the first time I used RadarScope during a storm and it was amazing. It circles your exact location. Only a $10 one time fee not bad

good icon run let’s hope gfs continues!

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned and pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic