Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

• mappy pinned and unlocked this topic
Just now, SnowenOutThere said:

Who ever kept saying how the NAM sniffs storms out before the others they look to be right.

Banter friend, banter. Until the storm happens and we see what we get, no model is currently right or wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Track of that low pressure system will be determined by where the front/baroclinic zone ultimately ends up...hence the waffling of the guidance suppressed vs coming back north. 

For sure. think it’s more than just the front location though. The systems also trending in our favor because models completely fell flat on their look of the PAC and the result that would have downstream. PAC heights are +20 in comparison to what models were forecasting a few days back. The look is far Less progressive than models thought even 36 hours ago. Frontal boundary looks to be in a better spot too. 

im by no means honking, but a region wide 2-4” event is looking much more likely. Next 24 hours will be very telling. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The 24 hour trend on the Eps for the mean  surface  low is just huge from 96 hr to 72 hours.  Haven't seen a shift like that in while in short range .

Yuuuuuge shift. NAM, GFS, GEFS Ukie and euro all made huge shifts in the past 24 hr. Haven’t seen models jump quite like that in a good while. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

So, if it doesn’t amp, do you predict it goes south? :P

No I’m just saying that if it ends up a little sharper at h5 and maybe a little stronger at the surface it’s gonna go way north. And no, I think if you’re already too far south, you’re toast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

No I’m just saying that if it ends up a little sharper at h5 and maybe a little stronger at the surface it’s gonna go way north. And no, I think if you’re already too far south, you’re toast.

I was just busting your chops my friend :) inclined to agree, think our Richmond friends are going to be disappointed come Sunday 

• Like 1

I don't think this will go way north and miss us completely 

• Like 3

Just now, yoda said:

I don't think this will go way north and miss us completely 

Inclined to agree. Think it does have a shot at being far enough north to cause problems for east of 95. Don’t see it going much further. Think those in Richmond who are getting excited to proceed with caution. Have a feeling they’ll be disappointed come Sunday 

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

I was just busting your chops my friend :) inclined to agree, think our Richmond friends are going to be disappointed come Sunday 

Yeah and I’m not wishing anyone bad luck. Obviously I want as much as I can get, but this one seems like an obvious trends north the whole time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Most of our light and mod events typically pop up in the med short range.  But it's been a while with such a short range  shift like this  I think. Hopefully it holds 

Exactly what I’m thinking. A last second shift to a 2-5” thump never hurt nobody!

Yeah and I’m not wishing anyone bad luck. Obviously I want as much as I can get, but this one seems like an obvious trends north the whole time

Think a few days ago I would have disagreed. However, modes have definitely backed off the major cold and confluence in New England ahead of the system idea in a pretty significant way, allowing room for this to keep trending north - along with a better PAC  look. Do think there is a ceiling for trending north however, as the trough won’t be that sharp.  Don’t see this exiting the coast much north of OBX

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jayyy said:

6 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Inclined to agree. Think it does have a shot at being far enough north to cause problems for east of 95. Don’t see it going much further. Think those in Richmond who are getting excited to proceed with caution. Have a feeling they’ll be disappointed come Sunday 

tell us again how you think Richmond will be disappointed. 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic