Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Doesn't it look like an far interior band is setting up from central pa towards Albany and into VT?

There will definitely be some pretty high level f-gen going on NW of the main band, but I haven't seen much more than 1 1/2SM to 3/4SM snow in it so far and snow growth is probably not great being that high in the atmosphere. Wintry but I'm not expecting much out of it.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

There will definitely be some pretty high level f-gen going on NW of the main band, but I haven't seen much more than 1 1/2SM to 3/4SM snow in it so far and snow growth is probably not great being that high in the atmosphere. Wintry but I'm not expecting much out of it.

I expect 2 but 3 would be a true win.  Pack building

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

My daughter goes to school in Marion--immediately off the Cape.  I just texted her to enjoy her snowstorm.  I hope I didn't jinx her!

Rates should overcome low-level warmth... they will waste a bit of qpf, but I would still expect them to verify moderate totals at least.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, butterfish55 said:
14 minutes ago, Hazey said:
Looks like the real deal here. Winter storm warnings are up. 12-20” maybe lollies to 2ft. Rates >2”hr. Winds gusting into the 50’s. Been waiting for this one.

#NovaScotiaStrong

Just spoke to my in laws on Cape Breton....they're expecting a good one

Beautiful area up there too, plus all that snow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoth said:

Win some, lose some. Will be nice to refresh the pack a bit.

Win Some?  When the Heck do we win some around this area?  After 2014-2015 it’s been one fail after another outside of February 2017, March 2018, and March 2019, of which I MISSED 2 of those.  

And Pack?  I HAVE NO PACK.  

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

RGEM and GFS both ticked NW a little. Good sign especially for SE peeps who will want bigger rates with more marginal sfc temps. 

You knew they were off this morning with rain in Philly when it was supposed to snow. I took one look at radar at 5:00 am and you could see everything was farther NW. Nam had no snow over WV and it was snowing back into SE Ohio