Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

im down to like 3 LOL. Death valley

I was in Bridgeport city proper yesterday and I was surprised at how much snow had melted. The piles and banks in certain areas were impressive, and you could tell it snowed a lot, but the solid cover is  greater here even though they had like six or seven inches more during the storm. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When you get fluff bombs like that .. it vaporizes this time of year. Need paste 

Yep. The man pack here is awesome right now. It has so much durability. Perfect base to get these additional events on top of. 

Im just hoping that this one doesn’t slip SE on us and give 3” of feathers instead of 6-10”. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. The man pack here is awesome right now. It has so much durability. Perfect base to get these additional events on top of. 

Im just hoping that this one doesn’t slip SE on us and give 3” of feathers instead of 6-10”. 

You need 6-10 like we easterners don’t.  Greedy lol

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When you get fluff bombs like that .. it vaporizes this time of year. Need paste . This is why Dec / Jan snow is so much better than late winter 

The 3” of glacier aside from sunny areas hasn’t changed much since that storm. But man go 1-2 miles more inland and it’s a decent man pack. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Never looks good to say we deserve it and you don’t. I think many forget how good we’ve had it. Short memories. 

I didn’t say deserve. I was comparing. And hoping it doesn’t slide southeast and give us less is implying I hope it doesn’t give them more. So there lol. 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was all goose feathers here. Down to 7-8” left and where the wind blew it away.. less 

It’s interesting in that a lot of modeling initially gets the banding up to our west like into SE NY and W MA and then it consolidates well SE. It’s like a race to see if we can rotate good banding into interior SNE before the best forcing shifts SE. 

Actually some similarity to the 12/29/12 system in that respect. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s interesting in that a lot of modeling initially gets the banding up to our west like into SE NY and W MA and then it consolidates well SE. It’s like a race to see if we can rotate good banding into interior SNE before the best forcing shifts SE. 

Right...that little system from 9 years ago that we all remember. Damn dude, you’re a sicko.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm kind of thinking that the lack of a strong high to the Northeast is going to keep f-gen tied closer to the mid level lows rather than a classic NW Dendy band.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1