Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

11 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Posted on our forum. Analog. Very similar H5 map with the NS and southern vort racing each other. Parts of Philly region saw over a foot in less than 4 hours. 2/23/87

A26D35B2-06A5-486A-8CF5-0E19459BA1B2.gif

Nah ...  huge difference between then and now in the gradient ... not that same unfortunately. 

It's like comparing two different cubes:  one is made of marsh mellow, the other is made of lead

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Better hope it doesn't keep going NW. :lol:   

This feels like the classic tickle back SE storm in the final 12-18 hours. Tonight and tomorrow there will be some more zonked runs that start spooking the southeast crew and then it will settle back to reality a little bit in the final run or two.

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

This feels like the classic tickle back SE storm in the final 12-18 hours. Tonight and tomorrow there will be some more zonked runs that start spooking the southeast crew and then it will settle back to reality a little bit in the final run or two.

This setup doesn’t seem that is likely. This can keep coming with the neggy tilt 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I think areas away from the Cape are likely fine. I fully expect a 3K NAM run to have James sniff ozone at some point.

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I would've not thought we'd be in the game on this one.  Would be fascinating if the RPM led the way.

I'm still pretty skeptical, Mentioned a hugger scenario but that did not look like it was going to happen, That's a really strong southern vort but if it weakens any then we would lose this SE up here, But i would like to see this come NW another few tics if it does settled back SE we at least would have some wiggle room, At least its something to watch tonight, I'm out all day tomorrow other then a check in first thing in the am and mid day mainly.

25 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Watches up! 3km nam is the most insane 8 hours I’ve ever seen modeled over CT. I’m not exaggerating. 

interesting, nothing here....just the coastline atm. 3k Kutchie with a 19 burger over the area, more than the last storm, obviously not happening like that, but seems like things continue to amp up as we move closer to showtime

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm still pretty skeptical, Mentioned a hugger scenario but that did not look like it was going to happen, That's a really strong southern vort but if it weakens any the we would lose this SE up here, But i would like to see this come NW another few tics if it does settled back SE we at least would have some wiggle room, At least its something to watch tonight, I'm out all day tomorrow other then a check in first thing in the am and mid day mainly.

tik tik tikky tik please

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That one would give PTSD to anyone in SNE who remembers it....I think it gave LI a foot and even croaked ACK but basically whiffed everyone else (maybe like 1-3" for far southern areas)

Newport had 3 inches. I had an early dismissal in 4th grade. It was a good forecast. SNE was never forecast to get heavy amounts. I was surprised turning the today show on that AM seeing the big mid Atlantic totals. 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This setup doesn’t seem that is likely. This can keep coming with the neggy tilt 

I just saw they put Middlesex in New London County up for winter storm watch and Coastal Fairfield ann New Haven counties. I'm surprised they haven't extended it up for the rest of Fairfield New Haven and also windham-tolland and Hartford County. It seems like it will overtake the whole state with the heavy snows?