Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

Just now, dryslot said:

It could be anything seeing it was 400 miles east 12hrs ago, It would not surprise me if this comes more west.

Yeah we get the northern stream to lift out and the southern vort is actually a beast.....wagons west. Wonder if we see the southern vort trend stronger in guidance? The trend this season has been to under model the strength of vorts as they approach the east coast; even shredding them at times..

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Yeah we get the northern stream to lift out and the southern vort is actually a beast.....wagons west. Wonder if we see the southern vort trend stronger in guidance? The trend this season has been to under model the strength of vorts as they approach the east coast; even shredding them at times..

That's what i was saying too, That southern stream looks beastly and looks to become the main player,  Its should be getting sampled now too hence the changes, So moving the n/s more north gives this more room to gain lat and tuck closer, Its something to keep an eye on for sure to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I feel like given the nature of where this is coming from and how guidance doesn't handle these well when you have meridional flow, blocking etc..these are the trends to expect.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

They ain't gonna phase.  Not in this type of pattern.  That's my uneducated opinion.

Potential vorticity anomalies are typically changed through advection, and right now advection of the two features is parallel so they don't really have a chance to interact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1