• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major LES Events- Feb 5-?

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Potential for pretty big Toronto LES event coming up! @mississaugasnow @Snowstorms

image.thumb.png.4f4f9de9742e17bb3bf77477f66ecdd8.png

image.thumb.png.add193e443a32fc240830dc525cb383c.png

Yep, I live about 5 miles south of YHM (Caledonia), and as you guys know every mile counts with LES. Im starting to get excited though that the western GTA is looking at 4-8"+ of snow Saturday. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Potential for pretty big Toronto LES event coming up! @mississaugasnow @Snowstorms

image.thumb.png.4f4f9de9742e17bb3bf77477f66ecdd8.png

image.thumb.png.add193e443a32fc240830dc525cb383c.png

Crazy LES event going on right now just south of Toronto towards Hamilton. Over 12" in some places already. Tomorrow's LES event will likely be south of Toronto too given the wind orientation. It sucks for us up this way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

@mississaugasnow

Going to be some 2' totals near Hamilton?

Yep, Burlington saw 16" today. Another widespread 4-8" so they that area should get close to 2 feet. Right now the tail end of the LES is hitting me in Caledonia Ontario. It was only supposed to be cloudy tonight but so far 2" of very fluffy snow. 

I think you guys in Northern Niagara are getting scrapped by it now as well? Looks like Youngstown, Wilson, Olcott? Do we have anyone up there?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Gotta be biggest lake snowstorm for that region in decades?

We are similar to Chicago-Milwaukee. Its normally mixed with system snow so in big storms its not unheard of for Hamilton-Toronto to get 12-20" while everyone else gets 4-8" 

I remember in high school I think 2004 I woke up to widespread 16-22" in southern Mississauga from Lake Effect. Though it is rare since I still vividly remember that storm haha

10 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Yep, Burlington saw 16" today. Another widespread 4-8" so they that area should get close to 2 feet. Right now the tail end of the LES is hitting me in Caledonia Ontario. It was only supposed to be cloudy tonight but so far 2" of very fluffy snow. 

I think you guys in Northern Niagara are getting scrapped by it now as well? Looks like Youngstown, Wilson, Olcott? Do we have anyone up there?

Wilson webcam

http://wcecinc.axiscam.net/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=9585

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

We are similar to Chicago-Milwaukee. Its normally mixed with system snow so in big storms its not unheard of for Hamilton-Toronto to get 12-20" while everyone else gets 4-8" 

I remember in high school I think 2004 I woke up to widespread 16-22" in southern Mississauga from Lake Effect. Though it is rare since I still vividly remember that storm haha

Congrats over there in Ontario. If the border wasn’t closed I might have chased this just for the novelty of it. I’ll count this as 2 hugely anomalous “E/NE” events in our region in the last year. Both on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. First was just your garden variety E/NE flow dropping like 5 straight days of 96 deg+ temps on BUF in July. Desert southwest like Sonoran heat release from...the St Lawrence Valley. Now this Arctic chill E/NE flow standing on its own legs apart from a low pressure dumping lake effect snow on Ontario. Pretty wild. 

• Like 1