• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major LES Events- Feb 5-?

1 minute ago, WNash said:

We got under the heaviest returns for about 20 minutes as the band has been moving north. Glorious stuff! Our front windows are less than 10 yards from the wide street in front of our house, and we couldn’t see the plow that we could hear rattling past on the other side of the street. I didn’t go out to measure, but the viability was comparable to 3” per hour stuff I’ve seen in the heart of lake bands at my mother-in-law’s house in Gardenville. This was definitely the heaviest snow we have had since we moved to the University District several years ago. While it would have been awesome for the band to have stalled for a few hours, I’m grateful that we at least got a taste of the good stuff, instead of the total bust that it looked like earlier this morning.

Update: we’re now getting light snow and the sky is very bright, so that band is hauling ass.

Where are you located?

Well then...About 45 minutes ago radar showed heavy returns JUST to my south. So I did a little foot chase down Burroughs Dr to Main St (about 3/4 mile from my house to Main). Left house with a nice gentle 1”/hr snowfall. Rate nicely increased to about 2”/hour when I made it to Main St. Then it got real fun...Wind picked up and rate doubled. I would compare it to being caught in a torrential downpour. Just an absolute wall of white. I walked by a house with people in the garage and heard someone say “is that a person out there?”  Just arrived back home to about 3”/hour here. Sweetness. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

Where are you located?

Near UB South Campus. We are exactly 4.25 miles due west of the Doppler radar site at KBUF, so it’s pretty easy to use a radar animation to project our residence time within a band.

Later today I’ll update my profile here to include a PWS link, which should make it clear where I live when I comment here.

Just now, WNash said:

Near UB South Campus. We are exactly 4.25 miles due west of the Doppler radar site at KBUF, so it’s pretty easy to use a radar animation to project our residence time within a band.

Later today I’ll update my profile here to include a PWS link, which should make it clear where I live when I comment here.

Good stuff! I’m just west of transit between Sheridan dr and maple. About 2” hour rates now but it’s not moving at all over the lake. We could be in this for several more hours 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Well then...About 45 minutes ago radar showed heavy returns JUST to my south. So I did a little foot chase down Burroughs Dr to Main St (about 3/4 mile from my house to Main). Left house with a nice gentle 1”/hr snowfall. Rate nicely increased to about 2”/hour when I made it to Main St. Then it got real fun...Wind picked up and rate doubled. I would compare it to being caught in a torrential downpour. Just an absolute wall of white. I walked by a house with people in the garage and heard someone say “is that a person out there?”  Just arrived back home to about 3”/hour here. Sweetness. 

That’s near Smallwood, right? You and I basically live on the same heading relative to the lake, about 2 or 3 miles apart.

2 minutes ago, WNash said:

That’s near Smallwood, right? You and I basically live on the same heading relative to the lake, about 2 or 3 miles apart.

Yes, I’m about 400 yards from Smallwood elementary on corner of Burroughs and N Burbank. You’re right, same heading as you for lake effect. Been holding steady here at about 2” per. 

• Like 2

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

It’s about 1-2” hour right now. Still good rate but not what it was. Trying to get a read on the band, seems disorganized over the lake but definitely isn’t moving.

Yeah strongest stuff is way out in NE erie county now. Going to pass, had plans to go to lunch with my dad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Yes, I’m about 400 yards from Smallwood elementary on corner of Burroughs and N Burbank. You’re right, same heading as you for lake effect. Been holding steady here at about 2” per. 

Off topic sorry, but does anyone know if there’s a way to get other people’s location (that would show up under their avatar when they post something) to display if I’m using a using the site via a phone?? Look through the settings but came up empty. Thanks