• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 5-20, 2021 arctic cold

beavis1729

Ish. Morning temps would be even colder if not for the 10-15 mph wind. That's what makes this so brutal. Sub zero temps slice through winter gear pretty quickly with a wind blowing. 

This Afternoon A chance of flurries. Cloudy, with a high near 9. Breezy, with a west wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight A chance of flurries before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values between -20 and -30. Breezy, with a west wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Saturday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values between -20 and -30. Breezy, with a west wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -17. Wind chill values between -25 and -35. Breezy, with a west wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Sunday Sunny and cold, with a high near -2. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -18. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -1. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -16. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Wednesday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 3. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Thursday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 3. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

And it's even colder away from the Lake, so TY big water and down sloping winds.

-3F at 7am. Only the 3rd below zero low of the season at MSP. (We average 11 in January alone) 

P&C has lowered my high to a balmy -1F for today. 

To make the top 10 longest below zero streak only 4 more days to go. 130 consecutive hours below zero is the tenth spot. 

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/climate/journal/zero_and_below_streaks.html

51 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

-3F at 7am. Only the 3rd below zero low of the season at MSP. (We average 11 in January alone) 

P&C has lowered my high to a balmy -1F for today. 

To make the top 10 longest below zero streak only 4 more days to go. 130 consecutive hours below zero is the tenth spot. 

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/climate/journal/zero_and_below_streaks.html

Let's shoot for #1...1899 or bust.  Same time of year too.

I think these models are over doing the long term and the only thing I base that on is the fact that temperatures warmed almost 12-15 degrees for this early week cold spell. Euro next weekend is showing below zero for my area and I feel like it will be a tad warmer when it gets here.

GFS needs to do a reboot or spyware check.. something.. geeze.

16 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Have -16 in the point for tonight.  HRRR has us hitting -22, and the Euro shows -15.  Winds get pretty close to calm by daybreak so wouldn't be surprised to see some spots make a run at -20 with all the deep snow cover in place.

Great time to clean the freezer and not be in a hurry lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

I think these models are over doing the long term and the only thing I base that on is the fact that temperatures warmed almost 12-15 degrees for this early week cold spell. Euro next weekend is showing below zero for my area and I feel like it will be a tad warmer when it gets here.

GFS needs to do a reboot or spyware check.. something.. geeze.

Where are you at?  I've been underperforming temps for a month.