Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

1 hour ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Everyone's been on edge and worn out due to the pandemic so I could definitely see things get heated in some areas. As much as I'd love to see this much snow I'd rather people maintain their sanity lol

Give me a break. The pandemic has nothing to do with bad behavior. No one wants to take responsibility for their immaturity  and selfish insecurities. If a foot of snow and wintry weather sets you off, you’re a lost cause 

• Like 4

My take on this Sat night/Sunday system is the most likely area for accumulating snow in C-PA is probably going to run I-81 and esp SE of I-81 (could be an I-95 axis). This storm could sneak back a bit more but I don't see alot of amplification (much more progressive than our last system lol) and the northern and southern shortwaves stay separate. I think the best chance NW of I-81 is if there's a bit of interaction and enough amplification that we can generate an area of lighter snows between the two shortwaves. Some model runs were playing around with that a bit so we'll see. I personally think we'll see something like that but its not going to be anything heavy. 

Good news is if we fizzle on this we're probably not waiting too long for the next one in what looks like a very active storm track. Obviously "potential" in the pattern is only realized if it actually comes to fruition but this 10-14 day period coming up is teeming with it, as evidenced by the 18z GFS run. We have legit arctic air on the playing field now unlike December and most of January and if it actually gets released into the eastern CONUS at some point in this period it's probably going to be something of a magnitude we haven't seen since the 2014-2015 winter.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Got an inch and a half up here in coal crackerville...

awesome.  we only got about 1/2" in Akron, but it was pretty to wake up to seeing loamy parachutes fallin. 

Sunday looking a little better for eastern locals as boundary is once again correcting north as we near short term (was my hunch a couple days ago) 

If that doesnt hit, something should in the next couple of weeks.  Plenty of opps to follow.  Love it.

8 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

My take on this Sat night/Sunday system is the most likely area for accumulating snow in C-PA is probably going to run I-81 and esp SE of I-81 (could be an I-95 axis). This storm could sneak back a bit more but I don't see alot of amplification (much more progressive than our last system lol) and the northern and southern shortwaves stay separate. I think the best chance NW of I-81 is if there's a bit of interaction and enough amplification that we can generate an area of lighter snows between the two shortwaves. Some model runs were playing around with that a bit so we'll see. I personally think we'll see something like that but its not going to be anything heavy. 

I think that disclaimer may be a safe assumption for a long time coming.  Wonder how long its been since we've had a stall like that?  I cant remember any in my lifetime.  

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

awesome.  we only got about 1/2" in Akron, but it was pretty to wake up to seeing loamy parachutes fallin. 

Sunday looking a little better for eastern locals as boundary is once again correcting north as we near short term (was my hunch a couple days ago) 

If that doesnt hit, something should in the next couple of weeks.  Plenty of opps to follow.  Love it.

If you look at the radar loops, there was a band of heavier snow that rolled through here just as I was getting out of bed. It was almost as heavy as what we had Monday afternoon, but it only lasted about a half hour.

50 minutes ago, Voyager said:

If you look at the radar loops, there was a band of heavier snow that rolled through here just as I was getting out of bed. It was almost as heavy as what we had Monday afternoon, but it only lasted about a half hour.

short term model runs/radar matched up pretty well IMO.  

12 hours ago, CoralRed said:

This seems like a good place to post what I hope will be my last post -- for now --  on the Plains Township murder-suicide.  Today's update is that it made the UK's highly popular Daily Mail website.  They have pictures and some video over there and say they didn't put up more video because it was too graphic.  Their story has additional details.  It disagrees with an earlier account I described here that said Spaide killed the Goys with his pistol but used a rifle to shot them with still more bullets.  It is so unbelievable and this wasn't a one time clash, it was an ongoing dispute.  The Goys have an autistic son.  If Spaide has any insurance or assets there could be a wrongful death civil suit so this might not be the end of this.

"Surveillance video from the scene shows the Goys yelling at Spaide and calling him a 'mother******' and a 'p****.' 

Spaide goes back into his house as the Goys continue cursing at him. In the video, James is heard yelling at the neighbor 'I'll knock your a** out' and 'I'll make your life a living hell.'  

Moments later, Spaide emerges from his residence holding a pistol, but the Goys carry on with the verbal abuse and seemingly challenge him to shoot, with Lisa yelling, 'Go ahead! Go ahead!'

James and Lisa initially do not react and remain standing as Spaide opens fire on them. He squeezes off multiple rounds from close range, striking both victims and causing them to collapse to the snow-covered ground. 

The gunman then goes back into his house to get an AR-15-style rifle, which he uses to shoot his neighbors again, killing both in the middle of the street."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9223991/Couple-killed-row-shoveling-dumping-snow-neighbors-yard.html

The murdered couple had a security camera on their roof which caught the whole incident, complete with sound. I saw it posted on Facebook and watched it. I won't share it here, but it was a verbal fight (of unknown reason) that escalated quickly out of control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Beggars can't be choosy - I got nothing here. Can't mark it down as a trace because I saw no evidence of anything. (though it might have done SOMETHING overnight)

Fun times ahead for sure!