Total Members
    Most Online
    GRMNSnowDay
    Newest Member
    GRMNSnowDay
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

15 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@Itstrainingtime

I noticed your comments in the Philly thread about the Sixers. I am also a huge life long Sixers fan!

It's been a frustrating journey. So many poor decisions, horrible draft picks, bad trades, etc. They are fun to watch now, Rivers seems to have them gelling as a team. 

Only title they've won in my lifetime was 1983. Won it in LA the very night I graduated from high achool. All 3 of my favorite teams won in 1983...PSU football, the Sixers, and then the Orioles in the fall. Only PSU won a title since. (1986) Though they should have been at least co-champions with Nebraska in 1994...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Ohh that’s right you’re a Wisconsin man lol someone here was psu think it’s mt joy poster. Wisconsin is sooooo sneaky good at tourney time, how Baylor’s been starting games Wisconsin has real shot pulling upset.

Yes that’s me, PSU everything. The last couple days I’ve actually been busy following the NCAA wrestling championships. Mat Madness comes before March Madness for me ha. But yes I like the new PSU basketball hire, unfortunately all the players have entered the transfer portal though so good luck to the guy. Penn State has just never been able to figure out the basketball puzzle, very frustrating. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Tonight-

Rgem-19 in York County

GFS/NAM/HRRR-Low 30's

Only made it to 53 here today.  I was down in N Central MD and a bit warmer down there.  Some spring feeling to the air. 

I haven't checked my station once today, but I just returned from a walk in a tee shirt and was perfectly comfortable. It's gorgeous out! 

Just got back from a nice walk with the dog.  No jacket needed.  Sun warm but not too warm with air temp of 58 degrees.  Low this morning was 24.  High a little earlier was 60.  Low yesterday morning was 31.  I got right around one inch of rain a few days ago.  Prior to that rain I had only recorded 0.25" for the month...very dry and kind of like January moisture-wise.  Even with that inch I only have 1.25" for the month so far which I'm pretty sure is at least 0.75" below average-to-date.  And now, ready for a string of days like today continuing.

@canderson, congrats on getting to your first shot.  I was fortunate to have gotten my first dose just this past Wednesday.  My wife and in-laws got their second shot 2 weeks ago so they should all be good now.  In-laws are 88 and 89 so I'm really glad to finally have received mine.  We see them very often as they only live 2 minutes away from us in a retirement community.  I got the Pfizer, so I go back in 2 1/2 weeks for the final.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes that’s me, PSU everything. The last couple days I’ve actually been busy following the NCAA wrestling championships. Mat Madness comes before March Madness for me ha. But yes I like the new PSU basketball hire, unfortunately all the players have entered the transfer portal though so good luck to the guy. Penn State has just never been able to figure out the basketball puzzle, very frustrating. 

It may come with the new hire, he may give them a good play in Midwest recruiting. They’re competitive just having trouble getting consistent.