Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Someone from MD to southern New England is going to get some good snow on Friday.

Hopefully it all fills in and we all get the snow goods on Friday am!

The 18z Euro is on the right track! 
It all depends on where the good rates set up. We are all in the game at this time.

Someone from MD to New England will get a decent snow event out of this on Friday.

F97C2AAF-6728-45F1-8495-3E7549FEE2E2.png

AF454437-86B4-41C7-8172-D13C07827D8F.png

DF3AFEFA-7637-46E8-976B-7A26E0E25FCF.png

12 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Someone from MD to southern New England is going to get some good snow on Friday.

Hopefully it all fills in and we all get the snow goods on Friday am!

Same general theme on most weather models overnight. There are areas of rain changing to snow from VA to PA to New England. It will depend on who gets the good rates that will get some snow on Friday.

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Too bad we will be sleeping.

If the look holds, I MAY get up to see the last flakes of the season (although verbatim, I'd need to drive into the office to do so as I'm about 10 - 15 miles east of the r/s line

Edit - just peeked at meso's n NAM isnt feelin it.  "best" snow panel I could find.  Weenie cancel.

nam3km_ref_frzn_neus_46.png

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

If the look holds, I MAY get up to see the last flakes of the season (although verbatim, I'd need to drive into the office to do so as I'm about 10 - 15 miles east of the r/s line

Edit - just peeked at meso's n NAM isnt feelin it.  "best" snow panel I could find.  Weenie cancel.

image.png.75da6f692db126d3f3795af523b95610.png

Well, I recorded my first precip yesterday, in the form of light sleet/rain,  since March 1st.  Looks like we'll make up for that lack of precip with a serious rain-maker on the way for Thursday.  I'll be thrilled if I can measure a couple tenths of an inch of snow late Thursday night or early Friday morning.  Happy St. Patty's day to all!  The wife and I are heading out for some beers this afternoon.  Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well, I recorded my first precip yesterday, in the form of light sleet/rain,  since March 1st.  Looks like we'll make up for that lack of precip with a serious rain-maker on the way for Thursday.  I'll be thrilled if I can measure a couple tenths of an inch of snow late Thursday night or early Friday morning.  Happy St. Patty's day to all!  The wife and I are heading out for some beers this afternoon.  Cheers!

I'm expecting a plethora myself later. I was to leave at noon today, but i had to leave work for a fire on Monday so I'm here till 330. We won't travel, this a stay at my bar day. hoping the 6 cases i have in stock and the 2 bottles of Red Breast will be enough ;):drunk:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, I was not trying to question you, I figured you just missed it.   I saw 12K was a bust for the LSV.  

all good.  Keep trackin.  Truth is they typically dont diverge that much, so I made an assumption...but in seeing that divergence, it gives me even more reason to "worry" about this even happening.  I typically us 12k and only 3k for continuity, until we close in tight....then I shift focus.  Go get it man.  I'm rootin for ya

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's an ugly map - hate seeing such a large area under a MDT or HIGH today. I'm afraid there's going to be some devastation over the next 24 hours. 

It’s definitely a concern. But for those that don’t want to see a tornado outbreak in those areas today, the last high risk day (5/20/2019) included a maxed out PDS watch and turned out to be a relatively minor event and no one died.

Just now, TimB84 said:

It’s definitely a concern. But for those that don’t want to see a tornado outbreak in those areas today, the last high risk day (5/20/2019) included a maxed out PDS watch and turned out to be a relatively minor event and no one died.

Yes - hoping for the same result today. I realize that this is part of the drill down there, and I'm not a severe guy by any means, but the dialogue from SPC seems very concerning to me. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes - hoping for the same result today. I realize that this is part of the drill down there, and I'm not a severe guy by any means, but the dialogue from SPC seems very concerning to me. 

Those that are more “in the know” than I am seem to be saying this won’t be another 4/27/11, but I’m sure people in those areas didn’t wake up that morning with any idea of just how bad that day would be.

Just now, TimB84 said:

Those that are more “in the know” than I am seem to be saying this won’t be another 4/27/11, but I’m sure people in those areas didn’t wake up that morning with any idea of just how bad that day would be.

My wife spent a week in Tuscaloosa days after 4/27/11 helping clean up efforts. The pictures and video she sent to me were...I don't know. Street after street of nothing but concrete pads. There were areas where there was literally nothing left. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife spent a week in Tuscaloosa days after 4/27/11 helping clean up efforts. The pictures and video she sent to me were...I don't know. Street after street of nothing but concrete pads. There were areas where there was literally nothing left. 

Haunting images for sure. Speaking of which, satellite seems to show partial to full clearing over central MS at the moment. Can’t be good.

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

:beer:

• Like 1