Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

48 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Guess the air was too dry.    I didnt see anything 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just another cold dry morning.  No signs of full on spring any time soon (on models).  Lots of ups and down with the downs being quite cold and the ups being a bit over average. 

I had a "brief" (5 minute) period of light rain and sleet here at work - not sure if there were any flakes flying up in the Historic District. Nut saw some in Etown which is 5 miles up the road from me. 

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I had a "brief" (5 minute) period of light rain and sleet here at work - not sure if there were any flakes flying up in the Historic District. Nut saw some in Etown which is 5 miles up the road from me. 

First flakes at Manheim exit of 283 and by the time I got to office I was getting a bit excited as it was picking up to where i almost reported -SN, but as quickly as it started...it went away.  

Oh well.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just chilly.  Funny if you look long range it seems to spike up in temps some during the week then get cold on the weekends again. 

Looking at Ens guidance says that once beyond the weekend and into next week....its curtains for us winter folk.  I see occasional SER and zonal which means normal to above and 2m temp anomalies have no blues where we want them for spring snows. 

I'll be checkin in on occasion, but will likely will be checkin out as my to do list is rather large this year.  Lots of big projects to keep my focus.    

It was a great winter despite the quiet ending.  Thanks for the good convo boys n girls. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Looking at Ens guidance says that once beyond the weekend and into next week....its curtains for us winter folk.  I see occasional SER and zonal which means normal to above and 2m temp anomalies have no blues where we want them for spring snows. 

I'll be checkin in on occasion, but will likely will be checkin out as my to do list is rather large this year.  Lots of big projects to keep my focus.    

It was a great winter despite the quiet ending.  Thanks for the good convo boys n girls. 

Yea, not seeing much snow long range just not lots of warmth either.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Started a thread for the Friday rain to snow potential in the mid Atlantic forum . It no doubt will anger the snow haters :lol:

I was just going to post that! I'll give you a ton of credit, for the grief you get, you keep rolling with it. (I had to laugh yet again this morning when you were reminded that spring discussion goes in the Long Range Discussion even though there's a dedicated thread for Spring talk.) Not to mention...I went back through your threads from 2020 - there was no Long Range Thread in April, May, June, July, August, September...clearly, the Long Range Thread has always been specific to wintry weather threats looming. Rules changed again I guess...

Just now, sauss06 said:

i'm getting mine because of the fire dept. or i'd be way back in line. 

Yeah, that makes sense - good for you! PA has really ramped up vaccinations and as more and more county mass sites come online, things are gonna get better and better. There is light at the end of the tunnel! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yeah, that makes sense - good for you! PA has really ramped up vaccinations and as more and more county mass sites come online, things are gonna get better and better. There is light at the end of the tunnel! 

My 78 year old father and a 66 year old friend are still waiting.  It seems we have a ways to go.  Not going to hijack the thread as we talked about this a few days ago :-). 

45 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My 78 year old father and a 66 year old friend are still waiting.  It seems we have a ways to go.  Not going to hijack the thread as we talked about this a few days ago :-). 

Appointments are getting easier - Lebanon County was wide open all morning for the next two days. If you’re on Facebook, check out pa Covid vaccine matcher for them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Appointments are getting easier - Lebanon County was wide open all morning for the next two days. If you’re on Facebook, check out pa Covid vaccine matcher for them.

Well unsure of your opinion of LeBron James but you might have to like him now.  Ha.   He is now part of the Sox Ownership group. 

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well unsure of your opinion of LeBron James but you might have to like him now.  Ha.   He is now part of the Sox Ownership group. 

No issues with him at all - happy he's on board. Good to have someone who stands for good chip in. (He was already part owner of LIverpool so this just is a bit of an expansion - he wants to own a team one day so this gets his foot in the door in America that way)

Just now, canderson said:

No issues with him at all - happy he's on board. Good to have someone who stands for good chip in. (He was already part owner of LIverpool so this just is a bit of an expansion - he wants to own a team one day so this gets his foot in the door in America that way)

What happens if Lakers and Celts meet in the finals?  :-).  Does Boston Boo or cheer him?