Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Stole the following pictures from Facebook

In long exposure images, a massive mountain fire rages in mountains between York County and Cumberland County, near South Mountain Road, Sunday, March 14, 2021, in Franklin Township, not far from Dillsburg. Firefighters have been battling the fire for over six hours.b7e9c77dba05cb6c632a87166b894055.jpg

11 hours ago, canderson said:

I don’t believe it is at all. @sauss06 would have a better idea. 

as mentioned, it is contained now. Never in all my years have i seen or heard so many wildfires as yesterday. Guys are tired. Today is another day of of High Fire Danger. Dumbasses keep burning debris and brush. I guess they don't pay attention. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

as mentioned, it is contained now. Never in all my years have i seen or heard so many wildfires as yesterday. Guys are tired. Today is another day of of High Fire Danger. Dumbasses keep burning debris and brush. I guess they don't pay attention. 

We had one a few miles from my house yesterday. Didnt think it'd dry up this fast.  Hoping tomorrow and Friday get the ground moist again.  That wind really dries it quick.

Get some rest dude.

33 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I am not sure most people know there is a fire danger right now.  Smokey the Bear in Waynesboro has a VERY HIGH on his sign but not much in the news.

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

That mountain fire started at a boy scouts camp. Oops. 

Seeing your name reminded me that I spoke with two neighbors who already planted summer plants that will die with a freeze.  The topic came up because I told them they would lose them last night (and several more times in the next week or two) and both times said they were told winter is over and no more freezing weather was coming.   So it was not just Covid fatigue causing irrational thought that Spring was here...there was some misinformation coming from somewhere (I doubt these people watch the bad info in the MA forum so not from there). 

Seeing your name reminded me that I spoke with two neighbors who already planted summer plants that will die with a freeze.  The topic came up because I told them they would lose them last night (and several more times in the next week or two) and both times said they were told winter is over and no more freezing weather was coming.   So it was not just Covid fatigue causing irrational thought that Spring was here...there was some misinformation coming from somewhere (I doubt these people watch the bad info in the MA forum so not from there). 

Probably came from them hearing some meteorologist mention how the extended forecast was showing not much snow which in their minds means, it wont ever go below freezing again, so goodbye winter.

Just now, Jns2183 said:

Probably came from them hearing some meteorologist mention how the extended forecast was showing not much snow which in their minds means, it wont ever go below freezing again, so goodbye winter.

They should not be allowed to care for the lives of plants if that is their determining factor.  That would mean last winter never happened because it basically did not snow. 

To reach these people they need to have a random day 5 to 7 days in the future show “flurries” and a parka coat on each extended forecast through the 2nd week of April at least

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

People are stupid and think once March 10 hits it'll be 75 every day. 

• Haha 2

They should not be allowed to care for the lives of plants if that is their determining factor.  That would mean last winter never happened because it basically did not snow. 

We should only be so lucky if they stick to caring to just plants instead of having 4.1 kids.

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

To reach these people they need to have a random day 5 to 7 days in the future show “flurries” and a parka coat on each extended forecast through the 2nd week of April at least

They drive by Lowes, see the parking lot buzzing with activity, and think they are missing out and have to get their stuff now. 

There are people out there who wait to burn stuff until we have conditions like we had yesterday just because they get annoyed when fires are a pain to get going and don’t do job fast enough

But that are getting an extra $12-$14K in stimulus with those 4 under 17 kids. 

It appears We wouldn’t have an economy if it wasn’t for mindless consumption. On the bright side, watching their older children use a mall video game retailer to topple a few hedge funds and create endless reams of print of such professionals jockeying for least self aware person of the year has at least been a brief hiatus in the year of our “@wokeness” where humor and satire were allowed to crawl out from hiding for a brief, but sorely needed moment.

• Like 1