Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There are some seriously ugly people on this forum. (NOT in this thread) 

@losetoa6  @Bubbler86 I'm disgusted by what I've been reading...unfortunately, given the people making the comments...I'm also not at all surprised. I'm disappointed in myself for allowing myself to continue reading that crap. Please, please post here...

11 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

What happened!?

Just go to the MID-ATLANTIC banter thread.

Wow. They continue to prove they are the douchiest lot on this entire forum.

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There are some seriously ugly people on this forum. (NOT in this thread) 

@losetoa6  @Bubbler86 I'm disgusted by what I've been reading...unfortunately, given the people making the comments...I'm also not at all surprised. I'm disappointed in myself for allowing myself to continue reading that crap. Please, please post here...

Thanks.  That particular poster had spent the last few days belittling anyone (or at least their opinion) who brought up the possibility of snow next week and it started to really piss me off.  I did give him about a half dozen weenie reactions on his posts over the last 2-3 days.  When I saw him say there was literally no reason to not get the vaccine, and following it up with an F bomb,  I grew tired of his excluding and belittling ways and pointed out another opinion and backed it up with information.  I had thought he was a bit more of a senior poster but after he sort of mocked my moniker,  I am assuming that I have him confused with someone else.   Classic repartee.   'Do you even know what a Bubbler is?'---'I am a Bubbler.'  lol. 

Talk about playing both sides of the fence.  Earlier today I had pointed out that I was frustrated with the vaccine movement in PA and there I am siding with people who will not get it whether personal or medical reasons. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks.  That particular poster had spent the last few days belittling anyone (or at least their opinion) who brought up the possibility of snow next week and it started to really piss me off.  I did give him about a half dozen weenie reactions on his posts over the last 2-3 days.  When I saw him say there was literally no reason to not get the vaccine, and following it up with an F bomb,  I grew tired of his excluding and belittling ways and pointed out another opinion and backed it up with information.  I had thought he was a bit more of a senior poster but after he sort of mocked my moniker,  I am assuming that I have him confused with someone else.   Classic repartee.   'Do you even know what a Bubbler is?'---'I am a Bubbler.'  lol. 

Talk about playing both sides of the fence.  Earlier today I had pointed out that I was frustrated with the vaccine movement in PA and there I am siding with people who will not get it whether personal or medical reasons. 

Do they even realize that not only are they excluding others, but they're also turning off some of their own peeps? How many good people have left down there because of the ugliness. And the worst part is - they honestly don't give a damn.

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Do they even realize that not only are they excluding others, but they're also turning off some of their own peeps? How many good people have left down there because of the ugliness. And the worst part is - they honestly don't give a damn.

At the end of the day, it’s a weather forum. I understand banter, but maybe not divisive topics? As a lifelong weather enthusiast who is very new to discussing it on forums, it does raise my curiosity - does the weather enthusiast community lean one way or the other politically or is it mixed?

Oh man some real clowns down in that MA forum.  Anyway, my take on the upcoming pattern is that significant snowfall is very likely in the coming weeks but will probably be confined to the more typical regions for this time of year (i.e. upstate NY and perhaps extreme northern tier of PA).  I would never rule out a coastal popping at just the right spot along a boundary to bring us some action into lower PA but wouldn't place my chips on it either.  Regardless, winter is not over and will make itself known a couple more times before the month is out.  Now, what's going down in eastern Wyoming/Colorado this weekend, THAT is worthy of some attention.  Likely gonna be a season's worth of snowfall for some folks out there.  Gotta love the high plains and front range weather!

50 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That community is mini fiefdom.  I accept that and rarely post down there because I will not put up with it but sometimes someone catches my attention and I cannot let it go.  Most of us have been doing this for a long time and are used to the interactions.  That was one of the faster escalating ones I have been involved in for quite some time.  Usually the name mocking, "this is not your forum" and "show me facts" comes after a few horns knock but it came out right away.  I am just going to assume he is going through a bad time in his life or something.  At the end of the day I wish everyone got along and no one said anything to alienate others but I know that's not totally possible with so many personalities. 

52 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

At the end of the day, it’s a weather forum. I understand banter, but maybe not divisive topics? As a lifelong weather enthusiast who is very new to discussing it on forums, it does raise my curiosity - does the weather enthusiast community lean one way or the other politically or is it mixed?

That's a good question.  It frankly has been like this since I got involved in the early 90's.  There are all kinds of personalities and with it comes all kind of opinions. I think most of us are regular folks...not many CEO's of companies or doctors on here because they are probably too busy (Ha, an opinionated statement so excuse if you are a doc!) but lots of regular folks who all have opinions. I would guess there are just as many Dem's as there are Repubs and a lot in between. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That's a good question.  It frankly has been like this since I got involved in the early 90's.  There are all kinds of personalities and with it comes all kind of opinions. I think most of us are regular folks...not many CEO's of companies or doctors on here because they are probably too busy (Ha) but lots of regular folks who all have opinions. I would guess there are just as many Dem's and there are Repubs and a lot in between. 

I would guess that’s a fair assumption. I certainly deem myself to be a “regular person.” On a weather forum I’m a weather enthusiast first and have no desire to engage in political debate. (I don’t think the one main “political” issue related to weather is really a political issue, it’s a scientific one.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It sickens me that people can no longer disagree respectfully- we have become a society that looks to be offended, and turn around and use that to mock and harass others. 

stfu don’t you dare tell me how I can disagree with a bald weather nerd like you 

(did I do that right?)

• Haha 2

Just now, TimB84 said:

I would guess that’s a fair assumption. I certainly deem myself to be a “regular person.” On a weather forum I’m a weather enthusiast first and have no desire to engage in political debate. (I don’t think the one main “political” issue related to weather is really a political issue, it’s a scientific one.)

And on this point, I am sorry to anyone whose eyes I made bleed having to read the ugly, albeit it short, confrontation.  I really was not trying to be political as much as defend all the people reading that may have felt shamed by his post.  Still politics, I know, but in mind I was feeling bad for people he may have offended.

Was splitting firewood in shorts n t shirt last evening...still sweated a bit.  WAAAYYY tooo early for that crap but I know its coming.

Not sure what I missed in the MA trash talk forum, but dont really miss that place one bit.  It was a means to an end for me.  

We've added a few here this year and the convo has been just fine w/ me.  I dont need or miss the pissin and moaning one bit.  They are a snarky click down there (save then normal good ones - and if any of them are reading this....kudos for keeping it real).  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Was splitting firewood in shorts n t shirt last evening...still sweated a bit.  WAAAYYY tooo early for that crap but I know its coming.

Not sure what I missed in the MA trash talk forum, but dont really miss that place one bit.  It was a means to an end for me.  

We've added a few here this year and the convo has been just fine w/ me.  I dont need or miss the pissin and moaning one bit.  They are a snarky click down there (save then normal good ones - and if any of them are reading this....kudos for keeping it real).  

Quick Summary:

Not everyone with a Cape is a good guy.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I know I appreciate your friendliness and openness towards me when I post on here. Just because I don't live in my hometown of Lancaster County anymore doesn't mean I don't care about it or the people. :)  Apparently some people thrive off of toxic environments. For me, I'd rather be around people who are uplifting and a pleasure to communicate with.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I know I appreciate your friendliness and openness towards me when I post on here. Just because I don't live in my hometown of Lancaster County anymore doesn't mean I don't care about it or the people. :)  Apparently some people thrive off of toxic environments. For me, I'd rather be around people who are uplifting and a pleasure to communicate with.

All good pal...once from LSV, always from LSV.  You...and others are always most welcome.  We may be a small group, but I'd dare say a pretty damn cool group.  Nice to see loosetoe and the KPIT crew chimin in here as well.

May be headed down to your ol' stompin grounds in the next couple weeks (off River Rd).  

And furthermore, I/many are all about chattin up weather, and when others come here to chime in....i think its great and would NEVER tell anyone to "get out of OUR forum"...unless they are being an asshat and not goin w/ the flow of the convo....Good convo is what makes this thingy work, otherwise, it's just plain childish and a board killer....

Too bad the MA clowns that are guilty as charged can't see that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

All good pal...once from LSV, always from LSV.  You...and others are always most welcome.  We may be a small group, but I'd dare say a pretty damn cool group.  Nice to see loosetoe and the KPIT crew chimin in here as well.

May be headed down to your ol' stompin grounds in the next couple weeks (off River Rd).  

And furthermore, I/many are all about chattin up weather, and when others come here to chime in....i think its great and would NEVER tell anyone to "get out of OUR forum"...unless they are being an asshat and not goin w/ the flow of the convo....Good convo is what makes this thingy work, otherwise, it's just plain childish and a board killer....

preach brotha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

57 balmy degrees just shy of 8:00AM. First time I left the house in the morning without any type of jacket or sweatshirt in a long time. 

Dropped from 53 this AM to 48 so far today.  Was not totally expecting that.  When the sun finally comes out I still think we push 60 here. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not want to see a tourney where teams advance because their opponent has to forfeit.  They either need to set higher limits on what is allowed testing wise or consider if they can do it. 

I think uva is in as a 4 so hopefully no more positive tests and a Friday tourney tip date and they’re good to go. It sucks for acc tournament though bc if they have it were looking at Ga Tech getting destroyed by unc FSU winner.

7 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

I think uva is in as a 4 so hopefully no more positive tests and a Friday tourney tip date and they’re good to go. It sucks for acc tournament though bc if they have it were looking at Ga Tech getting destroyed by unc FSU winner.

I think UVA is still a go for the NCAA right now but a situation where a team  in the NCAA is playing someone that gets covid and they get a free pass on to the next round while their opponent there did not get the free pass and had to play an extra game.  That seems a little worrisome.  We shall see.   I am actually questioning if UVA really needed to cancel their game.  Are the rules too strict?

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

i don't think Matt paid his annual $50 friend fee though. We'll need to discuss that at the next BOD meetin :drunk:

• Haha 2