Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I always thought you were known as a bit of a warminista.  You are on the Cold Choo Choo lately.  :-) 

Haha, figure it’s going to be back and forth cold and warm anyways, we may as well have some excitement! I’m on board the more snow wagon fully!

• Like 2

I hit 66 today.  FYI, for those who are unaware there is a new resource that came online this past year that I believe to be the best site for real-time Pennsylvania observations called the Keystone Mesonet.  It's a collaboration between various entities like PennDOT, DEP, FAA, Turnpike Comm., PEMA, etc. that aggregates all of their existing sensors and weather stations into one location.  You can click on any individual location to view the live data, which in some cases is fairly detailed.  Also has a pretty nice radar that can be overlaid.  It's very user-friendly, see link and screenshot below.  I may or may not have been loosely involved in said project.  Enjoy!

https://keystone-mesonet.org/

image.thumb.png.ebf1245d45e61d68d0014df94f02b52c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hit 66 today.  FYI, for those who are unaware there is a new resource that came online this past year that I believe to be the best site for real-time Pennsylvania observations called the Keystone Mesonet.  It's a collaboration between various entities like PennDOT, DEP, FAA, Turnpike Comm., PEMA, etc. that aggregates all of their existing sensors and weather stations into one location.  You can click on any individual location to view the live data, which in some cases is fairly detailed.  Also has a pretty nice radar that can be overlaid.  It's very user-friendly, see link and screenshot below.  I may or may not have been loosely involved in said project.  Enjoy!

https://keystone-mesonet.org/

image.thumb.png.ebf1245d45e61d68d0014df94f02b52c.png

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see that 67 sitting right over the Trainer's house. :) 

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

URGENT - SPRINGTIME WEATHER MESSAGE
Itstrainingtime Weather Service Maytown PA
11:35 AM EST Tue Mar 9 2021

...Significant home interior warmth conditions developing...

PA CTP 
Maytown / Northwest Lancaster County-
11:35 AM EST Tue Mar 9 2021

...CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING WARNING IS IN AFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY MARCH 11TH...

* WHAT...Home interior temperatures rising above 65 degrees 

* WHERE...Maytown/Lancaster County

* WHEN...Until midnight Thursday

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for central air to be turned on for 1st time in 2021

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Central Air Conditioning Storm Warning means that air conditioning start up is occurring or imminent. 
Plan on reduced temperatures beginning shortly after the onset of system startup, and allow for plenty of
exterior noise as the outdoor fan runs. Temperatures inside the home should return to more comfortable levels
following startup. 

Remember - Don't suffer, turn on the Air Conditioning! Many people suffer unnecessarily from high interior 
temperatures. Running A/C reduces temperatures and saves lives resulting from heat stroke. 

$$ Mike

This is fantastic! Well done!

I Hope next week we will be back to Winter Weather Advisories!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

The parade of storms on the GFS. 

6 days straight of below normal temps.  Some of it cloud and precip induced.  We have scored some pretty decent snow from LSP's minoring out well to our west (this season) so the trend is there for it there to be a possibility albeit the GFS is the extreme version of it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

6 days straight of below normal temps.  Some of it cloud and precip induced.  We have scored some pretty decent snow from LSP's minoring out well to our west (this season) so the trend is there for it there to be a possibility albeit the GFS is the extreme version of it. 

Welcome to March Spring one week Winter the next!

Gentlemen, I hate to disrupt the excitement over the never ending train of massive snowstorms that are sure to pummel our area in the ensuing weeks, but let us take a moment to mourn what is one of the saddest days of the year for weather weenies everywhere, that being the day that marks us having to wait an extra hour for the weather models to come through.  Yes, Sunday will be a day of tears as we all come to grips with the fact that 12z is no loner 7am but rather the dreaded 8am.  However, let us find comfort in the extra hour of evening daylight as we march towards the celebration of the vernal equinox at 5:37am EDT Saturday, March 20, 2021.  Rest easy gentle souls, as 2am on Sunday, November 7, 2021 will be here before you know it and order shall be restored.  In the meantime, hang in there friends and know that Mount Joy Snowman sends his condolences and his blessings.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Gentlemen, I hate to disrupt the excitement over the never ending train of massive snowstorms that are sure to pummel our area in the ensuing weeks, but let us take a moment to mourn what is one of the saddest days of the year for weather weenies everywhere, that being the day that marks us having to wait an extra hour for the weather models to come through.  Yes, Sunday will be a day of tears as we all come to grips with the fact that 12z is no loner 7am but rather the dreaded 8am.  However, let us find comfort in the extra hour of evening daylight as we march towards the celebration of the vernal equinox at 5:37am EDT Saturday, March 20, 2021.  Rest easy gentle souls, as 2am on Sunday, November 7, 2021 will be here before you know it and order shall be restored.  In the meantime, hang in there friends and know that Mount Joy Snowman sends his condolences and his blessings.

This proclamation usually proceeds someone pointing out how the change of time makes snow stickage less likely because they confuse the "one more hour of daylight" to mean we snap our fingers and get one one extra hour of sun.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well done! 

Though I have to say...this is by far my least favorite day of the year. I hate turning clocks ahead (sleep purposes) and I will wistfully wait for one of my favorite days of the year coming in November when suddenly, it's dark before 5pm. To me, when it's dark early, it FEELS like it's time for winter. 

• Like 2