Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Going to be windy until tomorrow evening. I swear this region has to be the windiest place on the east coast that isn't on a mountain top. 

i've been thinking the same thing too the past couple years. my parents have said the same thing surprisingly. they don't remember it being windy like this so often and they've lived in the area for 60 years lol

This is from DT: for NC VA WVA MD DEL PA OH KY IND NJ the Risk of any sort of **SIGNIFICANT Winter Weather*** is done. Yes I know some in VA NC MD did not see real winter / snow.

Now the key phrase is **SIGNIFICANT Winter Weather**. Yes of course between now and say APRIL 1 it will get cold from time to time. Like Duh.....

When I say "SIGNIFICANT Winter Weather" that term refers to SNOW and or ICE chances. If the mountains of WVA or western PA see a snow shower... that really does not count. Also notice here I left out the Great Lakes and New England regions from this. I see no real threat for those areas through March 20 but it is too soon to call it for those areas 

43 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

This is from DT: for NC VA WVA MD DEL PA OH KY IND NJ the Risk of any sort of **SIGNIFICANT Winter Weather*** is done. Yes I know some in VA NC MD did not see real winter / snow.

Now the key phrase is **SIGNIFICANT Winter Weather**. Yes of course between now and say APRIL 1 it will get cold from time to time. Like Duh.....

When I say "SIGNIFICANT Winter Weather" that term refers to SNOW and or ICE chances. If the mountains of WVA or western PA see a snow shower... that really does not count. Also notice here I left out the Great Lakes and New England regions from this. I see no real threat for those areas through March 20 but it is too soon to call it for those areas 

Perfect... I like him being out!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

He just looks for opportunities to make risky calls.  It is who he is. Like Duh...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

16 chilly degrees.   Looks like Cash is back up and running as well at 15F.   CMC still suggests some normally colder spot single digits tomorrow AM. 

4 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I hit 15 then right before sunrise shot to 22 while still remaining calm and clear.   

You guys have been significantly colder than me last 2 nights - my low the past 2 nights was 23. 

Day #4 today with a chilly breeze/wind. 

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The curse of DT did not take long to strike on the 12Z GFS for next weekend.    Classic.   

It'd be interesting to hear his thoughts that led to his proclamation - I mean, he could  very well be 100% correct. We won't know for a few more weeks. Just seemed sort of bold to make that kind of prediction when there's at least some suggestion of wintry weather. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It'd be interesting to hear his thoughts that led to his proclamation - I mean, he could  very well be 100% correct. We won't know for a few more weeks. Just seemed sort of bold to make that kind of prediction when there's at least some suggestion of wintry weather. 

That’s DT to a tee. Always has been. This is good news for winter weather!

The 12z GEFS is on board the snow train as well. I am keeping the train theme going. It served us very well in February!

Here is the 12z GEFS through the early next week threat and then the full 16 day run. The 6 inch snow line has made it just south of I-80 and into the I-99 corridor for the full run.

This is the best GEFS run since our final event in February!

F01F4A4B-B281-4441-9466-3FE29969F21F.png

A04B482F-B32D-4458-B6FB-3AF023EFA870.png

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You guys have been significantly colder than me last 2 nights - my low the past 2 nights was 23. 

Day #4 today with a chilly breeze/wind. 

You score in CAD situations over me but I guess the elevation does well in NW winds from last night.  Yea, it is yet again cold today.  One of the colder feeling stretches of the winter due to the wind. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

DT is so "Go Big or Go home" but he really corralled himself in with the comment about a snow shower in WVA or WPA.  Any accumulating snow and he goes broke.