• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

It was April 14th 1921, 28 miles west of Boulder Colorado, at Silver Lake, at an elevation of 11,250ft the snow started. 24 hours later they had received 75.8” of snow. An average of 3.15” per hour. I believe that is the 24 hour snowfall record in the United States.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It was April 14th 1921, 28 miles west of Boulder Colorado, at Silver Lake, at an elevation of 11,250ft the snow started. 24 hours later they had received 75.8” of snow. An average of 3.15” per hour. I believe that is the 24 hour snowfall record in the United States.

If I am in this situation I am hating the back building.  40" is the max.  

10 hours ago, pawatch said:

CTP:

.CLIMATE... Closing the books on the meteorological winter (Dec-Feb) 2020-2021. Prelim data shows Harrisburg finished as the 28th snowiest on record with a total of 36.0 inches or +11.3 inches above the 30-year average. Total snowfall at Williamsport ranked as the 8th snowiest winter with 53.8 inches or +26.1 inches above the long term mean. February was also a notable month in the snowfall category as Williamsport (8th snowiest with 22.0 inches), State College (11th snowiest at 25.2 inches), and Harrisburg (18th snowiest with 19.7 inches) set notable marks. Of additional note: February of 2021 was the snowiest February since 2014 at all 3 sites.

I would be interested to see numbers for areas in between State College and Harrisburg. I feel like there was a dry zone from eastern Bedford through portions of Juniata and Perry counties that saw very little from any of the events this season. 

Take a map and trace a corridor from Rt 26 in Everett up towards 994 in Entriken to Rockhill Furnace, and 522 from Orbisonia to close to Beaver Springs and I feel like from storm threads and radar memory, that area likely got less than half of State College and/or Harrisburg. 

Crazy winter.

11 hours ago, pawatch said:

CTP:

.CLIMATE... Closing the books on the meteorological winter (Dec-Feb) 2020-2021. Prelim data shows Harrisburg finished as the 28th snowiest on record with a total of 36.0 inches or +11.3 inches above the 30-year average. Total snowfall at Williamsport ranked as the 8th snowiest winter with 53.8 inches or +26.1 inches above the long term mean. February was also a notable month in the snowfall category as Williamsport (8th snowiest with 22.0 inches), State College (11th snowiest at 25.2 inches), and Harrisburg (18th snowiest with 19.7 inches) set notable marks. Of additional note: February of 2021 was the snowiest February since 2014 at all 3 sites.

Thanks for posting this!

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Harrisburg had its 28th snowiest Met. Winter with 36 inches of snow.

My goal for March is to get 9 more inches of snow at Harrisburg to get the overall seasonal total up to 45 inches. This would then surpass even the 44 inch total from 2013-14 and become the best snow season since 2009-10.

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

its amazing how the distance from my garage/ driveway to the bathroom is shorter then going outside around the corner, but when its nice like yesterday, the guys all chose the great outdoors :wacko2:

lol..i/we have a bush off of my back porch that has seen a lot of one eyed worms....

Its the "go to" spot when friends are over....lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sounds like you are the perp that did it.  LOL. 

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

its amazing how the distance from my garage/ driveway to the bathroom is shorter then going outside around the corner, but when its nice like yesterday, the guys all chose the great outdoors :wacko2:

i enjoy the description on your location p. It must be a fine place to live,  As for the guys at night, they could be playing truth or dare with the local wildlife. As always .....