Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

1 hour ago, paweather said:

The only reason I was saying his name here was that they do troll him over there pretty heavily when he post something. So I thought, silly me, he was fine and he was just a Brainiac. Again, thanks for letting me know.  

he is a brainiac that’s had some challenges. :(

• Like 1

Thanks to all those who responded to my post about past weather forums.  I don't recognize most of them but I did figure out that the site the former Accuweather folks started is WX Disco; however, it seems you have to be a member to even view anything.  Anyway, as for weather, looks like the Euro/CMC/NAM all at least kinda sorta-ish have something in the pipeline for us, whereas the GFS wants nothing to do with anything for the foreseeable future, only giving us ~1/2" of total precip over its entire 384hr run.  Welp, time to start my weekend.  Is there anything better than Fridays off?  The answer is no, cheers boys!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Thanks to all those who responded to my post about past weather forums.  I don't recognize most of them but I did figure out that the site the former Accuweather folks started is WX Disco; however, it seems you have to be a member to even view anything.  Anyway, as for weather, looks like the Euro/CMC/NAM all at least kinda sorta-ish have something in the pipeline for us, whereas the GFS wants nothing to do with anything for the foreseeable future, only giving us ~1/2" of total precip over its entire 384hr run.  Welp, time to start my weekend.  Is there anything better than Fridays off?  The answer is no, cheers boys!

A guy named Jack who I believe started StormVista also had a forum before then but cannot think of the name. DT would troll in there so much LOL. Anyways glad your off Friday Cheers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Since you brought him up...many years ago there was someone with the same name...might be the same person, maybe not. But years ago, the person who had that name was incredible knowledgeable and when he posted, everyone listened. Not sure what the story is there...

I remember that guy. i believe he was on Eastern weather forum too 

edit- didn't realize it was the same guy. unfortunate he has issues 

9 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

yeah the snowpack here got completely obliterated lol

I just went the back way to work and most fields are still covered/rideable.  Edges takin the hit though.  Sleet/ice layer did what i expected as a glaze of ice is blanketing the snow that remains.  Hangin onto as many days as we can but I'd think by Sunday it becomes patches around my area. 

Friends that live between Manheim and Etown were out on snowmobiles last night. Its been a great year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nam quadrupled many snow totals for this evening with temps at or below freezing for much of the snow portion of the event (LSV)

image.thumb.png.9a8793114105d8d6ac16e2c3e336311c.png

take a picture though.  Looks like it wont last very long :(.  I may get up late tonight (as I'm often up anyway), and turn the backyard light and watch the flakes fall.  Just in case.....ya know. 

My son and his girlfriend are headed to the cabin with some friends to snowmobile, as they are still grooming the trails (as of yesterday), and trying to get another weekend on the trails before it gets patchy.  Still a decent 12" OTG up in north central (up on top).  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

take a picture though.  Looks like it wont last very long :(.  I may get up late tonight (as I'm often up anyway), and turn the backyard light and watch the flakes fall.  Just in case.....ya know. 

My son and his girlfriend are headed to the cabin with some friends to snowmobile, as they are still grooming the trails (as of yesterday), and trying to get another weekend on the trails before it gets patchy.  Still a decent 12" OTG up in north central (up on top).  

Smart money suggests it is the highest forecast of any 12Z model. 

1 minute ago, paweather said:

CMC spins coastal after coastal out to sea coastals next weekend as well. I like the look as the cold is coming from the North. This could be our first artic cold shot of the year next weekend. 

If we get a true artic shot with highs in the 20's and lows in the singles I am buying popcorn to eat while I watch the MA warminista's squirm TV show 

• Haha 1