Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

22 minutes ago, paweather said:

Nut is it time for your JI Troll???? :lol:

LOL.  I've spent very little time there, as we've been doing well straight outta the gate, and the chatter here has been enough to keep me "home".  

I really don't envy their position literally and figuratively, and while I can be a jerk just like anyone, I prefer the high road....and not kicking a forum when they are down, and other than the northers/westers in their group, its been a crappy winter for many down there.

edit -  but when the playing field is level....it's sorta fun ;)

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

LOL.  I've spent very little time there, as we've been doing well straight outta the gate, and the chatter here has been enough to keep me "home".  

I really don't envy their position literally and figuratively, and while I can be a jerk just like anyone, I prefer the high road....and not kicking a forum when they are down, and other than the northers/westers in their group, its been a crappy winter for many down there.

Yeah was just kidding. That one day was great you had with JI. I was LMAO at that. But your right most down there it has not been good for them. 

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What’s nuts is while the sum of snow depth was 524 for 93/94 it was a ridiculous 668 in 1916/1917
172” December (#1 with 2nd place at 142”
332” January (2nd only to 1996 334”)
172” February (#10)
March 0”
April 2”

Snowfall for season was #10 all time with 55”
February only had 2.3”
March 0.1”
April 3.8”

Talk about building a pack and keeping it.
By mid Jan they had 45” including 35” in 4 weeks

#dreamy

55 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

We are probably going to end the season with right around 30 days with snow greater than 1”. The record is 76 days in both the 1916/1917 winter and the 93/94 winter. The worst was 49/50 with 1 day

Snow at my house is all gone except on the back side of the garage that never sees sun. The vinca is showing through there though so it's not long for the ground. 

47 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am into the mid to upper 50's snow accum's this year so I am not going to call myself due but still like to do some occasional PBP's. 

All I'm sayin is you ARE due to call a storm into the forum....no matter who gets the goods.

Go find us one....thats all.  

• Haha 1

Just now, paweather said:

I want to ensure they don't lose StormChaserChuck! :lol:

Since you brought him up...many years ago there was someone with the same name...might be the same person, maybe not. But years ago, the person who had that name was incredible knowledgeable and when he posted, everyone listened. Not sure what the story is there...

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Since you brought him up...many years ago there was someone with the same name...might be the same person, maybe not. But years ago, the person who had that name was incredible knowledgeable and when he posted, everyone listened. Not sure what the story is there...

What this person post today nobody can understand it. It is way over the top in terms of weather. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes...that's why I posted originally the way I did. That was my impression as well. 

The only reason I was saying his name here was that they do troll him over there pretty heavily when he post something. So I thought, silly me, he was fine and he was just a Brainiac. Again, thanks for letting me know.