Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

It's not a good look but who knows? As long as there are still shortwaves traversing near/close to us, we follow. 

I know. It is not the best. But just looking for something because I feel the 2nd week in March we will be in high warming alert for a little while. 

random question for the board.....so I have dabbled in various weather forums (not posting just lurking) for many years now and was just taking a trip down memory lane.  There was one with a guy who was pretty well-known by the handle Undertakersson (UTS for short) that I believe may have been the Accuweather forums before they were shut down?  And didn't the people on that site go on to create their own site, something like Weather Disco?  Also I used to follow some older forum that was more like a blog style but can't remember the name?  Any of this ringing a bell to anyone? I figured you losers would know :P

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

random question for the board.....so I have dabbled in various weather forums (not posting just lurking) for many years now and was just taking a trip down memory lane.  There was one with a guy who was pretty well-known by the handle Undertakersson (UTS for short) that I believe may have been the Accuweather forums before they were shut down?  And didn't the people on that site go on to create their own site, something like Weather Disco?  Also I used to follow some older forum that was more like a blog style but can't remember the name?  Any of this ringing a bell to anyone? I figured you losers would know :P

The real losers here are from the ne.weather usenet groups.   Not sure I would call that blog style though. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I started my Weather Forum Career at Eastern Weather. LOL. We talked about the weather like here but we often discussed the server issues and it being down more so. :D I never ventured to the Accuweather forums.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Looks like we are going to end up with 22/23 days of snow at least 1” depth in February. That’s a top 10 February since 1891

Not sure I have seen one email yet about municipalities running out of road maintenance money.  That used to be a regular comment during months like this one. 

55 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I've only recently started posting and have never done so in the MA forum but as a longtime lurker I completely agree with this sentiment.  It's a sh$t show over there far too often for my liking.  Don't get me wrong, there are some extremely knowledgeable posters and some great humor as well, but you're right in how wildly inconsistently the rules are applied and who is allowed to get away with what.  That's why I just stay over here in this little central PA hamlet tehe.

hamlet.....lol  I like that.  

Yeah its been like that down there for a long time.  I have thick skin and dont really give a rats @ss when I post there, because just like in our hamlet, I try to back up my disco w/ reasoning for my feelings...

The constant rubble that's only allowed by "them" is really noticeable, and really detracts from a rather knowledgeable core group.  It's also a reason that several/many good contributors have stopped posting (which can be said at varying deegres in any subforum I guess).  Thats a shame.  If you really dont want to contribute anything of substance ....fine....just lurk and keep fingers off keys..once in a while poking fun/off topic is fine, but It can be pretty ugly down there.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

hamlet.....lol  I like that.  

Yeah its been like that down there for a long time.  I have thick skin and dont really give a rats @ss when I post there, because just like in our hamlet, I try to back up my disco w/ reasoning for my feelings...

The constant rubble that's only allowed by "them" is really noticeable, and really detracts from a rather knowledgeable core group.  It's also a reason that several/many good contributors have stopped posting (which can be said at varying deegres in any subforum I guess).  Thats a shame.  If you really dont want to contribute anything of substance ....fine....just lurk and keep fingers off keys..once in a while poking fun/off topic is fine, but It can be pretty ugly down there.  

They had so many good ones for sure and why I would tune in and they lost them. Even Bob doesn't post like he used to. 

34 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

yes he was on Crackuweather forum.  I know some went to Phillywx, and other places.  I went form eastern/accu....to here.  This is likely where I'll stay (although my IT guys just blocked me from TT so this may be next :lol:

No more weenie maps from work....

• Like 1

Just now, paweather said:

They had some many good ones for sure and why I would tune in and they lost them. Even Bob doesn't post like he used to. 

Last year he went on a "clean out the trash" kinda deal and like Mitchnik, got sick of the "aint happenin" kinda crap.  Like it or not...snow is serious friggin sh!t to many of us (me included).  

I know far less, but put time into my thoughts/reasoning, and I can imagine how pissed he musta got trying to sift through the weenie rubble.  Hell, I've gotten tired at times.  I tip my hat to guys n gals like Chill/Psu/USAF and the like.  They need permanent storm mode IMO....

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Last year he went on a "clean out the trash" kinda deal and like Mitchnik, got sick of the "aint happenin" kinda crap.  Like it or not...snow is serious friggin sh!t to many of us (me included).  

I know far less, but put time into my thoughts/reasoning, and I can imagine how pissed he musta got trying to sift through the weenie rubble.  Hell, I've gotten tired at times.  I tip my hat to guys n gals like Chill/Psu/USAF and the like.  They need permanent storm mode IMO....

Exactly. Mitchnick was great. They replaced with these guys with StormChaserChuck. :wacko: LOL. 

1 minute ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol I am very interested in these mid Atlantic takes because I rarely go there, sounds like an interesting crew. I follow Upstate NY more, they’re cool group of posters.

Unfortunately our climo is much closer to the MA forum than the Upstate NY guys, so I understand why many here visit.

What’s nuts is while the sum of snow depth was 524 for 93/94 it was a ridiculous 668 in 1916/1917
172” December (#1 with 2nd place at 142”
332” January (2nd only to 1996 334”)
172” February (#10)
March 0”
April 2”

Snowfall for season was #10 all time with 55”
February only had 2.3”
March 0.1”
April 3.8”

Talk about building a pack and keeping it.
By mid Jan they had 45” including 35” in 4 weeks

• Like 1