Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

It torched Christmas Eve with rain that washed away our leftover snow. Then it got bitterly cold on Christmas Day and we had some flurries/snow showers.

Yes, I had a couple of festive Christmas snow showers on Christmas Day that gave me a light coating.
I think MDT even recorded .2 or .3 of snow on Christmas Day! Another good chapter to our very nice Winter so far.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Bubbler86 I didn't respond to you earlier about the Christmas warmth. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember it...and I remember all of that kind of stuff. I must really be getting old. LOL.

Lol... I know what you mean... the years fly by!

I’m surprised that you don’t remember running your A/C on Christmas Eve... I almost considered it at my place!

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In life it's a lot easier to be content when things are going well. I mean...at the end of the day, it's only snow. But to snow weenies like us, it's a big deal. The DC area has been royally screwed for the past FEW years. I'm sure our mood would be a little different if we were going through what they are. Just saying. 

Remember the mood in here last year...My nightmares have almost stopped!

Hopefully we never go through that kind of year anytime soon!

44 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol... I know what you mean... the years fly by!

I’m surprised that you don’t remember running your A/C on Christmas Eve... I almost considered it at my place!

Yes, remember it well now. I haven't had the air conditioning on since...

Maybe tomorrow? I think if we have full sun some of us take a run at 60.

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We need an appetizer before the grand feast blizzard in a couple  of weeks.

We might have a chance at an appetizer event Friday night into early Saturday.

The 18z RGEM is looking tasty at the end of the run for maybe an inch or two of snow.

This model is on a good run...maybe it keeps it going ?

41987185-1DB1-46C8-9F3F-A8ED5CBEBAC3.png

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

mid 50's should feel really nice tomorrow after the weeks of slightly below average temperatures. im ready for spring. maybe if we can get a huge snowstorm i'll be all in but im done with all the mini events lol

Yup it’s go big or go home time. Playing with house money, it’s been great winter, so I’m okay with spring coming.

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Many of the 0z & 6z models are still on the snow train for early Saturday.
It might just be 1 or 2 inches of snow, but why not pad the stats.

Euro still likes a WSW level snow for the Northern third of PA in one week....minor snows south.  Miller Hybrid/Nor'Easter that is tucked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Train-watching weenies? - Trains Magazine - Trains News Wire, Railroad  News, Railroad Industry News, Web Cams, and Forms

There's a video that went viral on Youtube - this was out your way (Greencastle) of a large family that for whatever reason was playing on railroad tracks. Next thing you know, freight train comes along and the family scatters everywhere. Couple of them JUST missed being run over. This happened in the past couple of years from what I remember. Scary too. Not sure why they decided to have a family reunion on active freight rails.