Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

53 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was in St. Maarten years ago and made it a point to go to Maho Beach to watch the jets coming in. If you're (anyone) not familiar with this phenomena, go to Youtube and type in "Maho Beach jet landing". As crazy as it looks on video, it's something else to experience...

I was there twice myself, loved it!!  There's something to be said about being that close to the plane.

1404_1064033766169_6683_n.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

By the way, I just hit the 50 degree mark. Forecasted high today was 43...

I hit 50 as well.  After another day in the 50s tomorrow with even more sun, and then the always-dreaded overnight low above freezing, my snowpack will be entirely gone by Thursday I reckon, but admittedly I don't have as much as most people in here.

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hit 50 as well.  After another day in the 50s tomorrow with even more sun, and then the always-dreaded overnight low above freezing, my snowpack will be entirely gone by Thursday I reckon, but admittedly I don't have as much as most people in here.

It's honestly disappearing even quicker than I thought it would. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Rgem is a good ole fashioned Springanista cancel.   It kills the snowpack though before its sloppy poppy weekend special. 

This far out we are in good shape right now, but dang if we would have one of those H's to the north like most every other events this winter this would be another good one. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Rgem is a good ole fashioned Springanista cancel.   It kills the snowpack though before its sloppy poppy weekend special. Lows in the teens and low 20's Friday AM. 

Just now, paweather said:

This far out we are in good shape right now, but dang if we would have one of those H's to the north like most every other events this winter this would be another good one. 

We need an appetizer before the grand feast blizzard in a couple  of weeks.

• Like 1

@losetoa6, I saw your post on the MA Banter thread saying you had not hit 50 since Dec 1.  I thought I remembered Christmas being warm this year?   Is my memory off?  The MDT climate page shows it getting to 66 Christmas Eve 2020.  I have had a extraordinarily busy winter season but when I saw the below I thought my memory was right for once.  :-) 

image.png.691c52726cdba0b4deb5aa929f1ed5b6.png

[mention=524]Bubbler86[/mention] I didn't respond to you earlier about the Christmas warmth. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember it...and I remember all of that kind of stuff. I must really be getting old. LOL.

It torched Christmas Eve with rain that washed away our leftover snow. Then it got bitterly cold on Christmas Day and we had some flurries/snow showers.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Bubbler86 I didn't respond to you earlier about the Christmas warmth. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember it...and I remember all of that kind of stuff. I must really be getting old. LOL.

That's ok Mike.  I could be way off but when I saw Loseto6's post on MA I thought I wanted to get to the bottom of this :-).  So I am starting to doubt myself.  LOL.