Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife measured well, thanks for the confirmation! I could SEE the difference between Columbia (less snow) and home. (more snow) Sort of surprised you didn't have bit more on top of the hill though. 

It may have been more.  I measured when I realized it was sleeting so it may have compacted some. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Man, I got kicked in the ass for punting December last winter (when it deserved to be punted based on the results) but even I cannot call winter over when Met winter is not even over.  

I told her winter is far from over. She swears by her horses and other folklore 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Man, I got kicked in the ass for punting December last winter (when it deserved to be punted based on the results) but even I cannot call winter over when Met winter is not even over.  

We had snow in May last year. LOL. Yes, Met winter isn't over and either is my 24-30" with lollipops of 36" storm so winter to me is still in play through March, April, and May. :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife measured well, thanks for the confirmation! I could SEE the difference between Columbia (less snow) and home. (more snow) Sort of surprised you didn't have bit more on top of the hill though. 

Seems like you both got nearly an inch more than I did down here in the "valley".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I guess you read the room better than myself?  That is one of the catch phrases this winter.  

I have seen that said a lot in here lately - I don't know...I was told when I was young that I was very perceptive and had sharp intuition. 

Right now, my perception is that the snow is melting like crazy and I see no way this survives the next 48 hours. Tomorrow alone will kill a lot of this off. It's been a terrific run the past several weeks. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I have seen that said a lot in here lately - I don't know...I was told when I was young that I was very perceptive and had sharp intuition. 

Right now, my perception is that the snow is melting like crazy and I see no way this survives the next 48 hours. Tomorrow alone will kill a lot of this off. It's been a terrific run the past several weeks. 

Up here I measured 11" in the backyard yesterday, so today's 5+ took us back up to a 16" snowpack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Glad you've had a decent year.  You have surely been overdue for it.  

Yes it has been a very good year here...The largest storm in 25+ years and never ending snow @ an inch at a time.

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Yes you have been due how much total on the ground up there for you now? 

Not sure but i will measure when i go out to plow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are going to edge me out this time! 

First time all season.   I called in my updated amount to CTP and thanked them for the mention in the discussion.  I mentioned to change the s to a $ sign and sure enough Dangelo snuck it in.   

System slightly overachieved for portions of the Lower Susq,
specifically Adams County where our observer in Ca$htown cashed
in at 5" new. 3 to 4 inch totals have been common elsewhere.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

we're normally almost spot on. i have 33.5. Damn front street for the win :blink:

I know I am several inches behind what others have reported in the area so this difference may be right.  4” today puts me at 20.9” for the month - I am missing some of my data so I don’t know what my season total is at the moment.  I know there was at least one event (around the 10th maybe) that east shore & city had reports of an inch or two more than what I had as a heavy band just missed home to the south and east.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

I know I am several inches behind what others have reported in the area so this difference may be right.  4” today puts me at 20.9” for the month - I am missing some of my data so I don’t know what my season total is at the moment.  I know there was at least one event (around the 10th maybe) that east shore & city had reports of an inch or two more than what I had as a heavy band just missed home to the south and east.

i have 23.5 for month, but i have the event from 1/31 through 2/2 all lumped together. 

to the north, we've had pretty much pure snow, and up at cabin over the weekend, I'm easily sitting aoa 16-20" otg.  It has condensed/compressed and was in GREAT shape.

central part of state had minor mixing for a couple events, but did pretty well, and I'd wager 8-15" snow pack s/ Ip/ZR densifier additive.

for southers we've had several events with Ip/Zr densifier additive....couple that w/ todays 3-5 will likely make it to the weekend. 

Yes, we'll lose some, but I dont think ANYONE sees bare ground for a while.  Now if saturday becomes a rainer, then that may knock the pack down pretty good.  

can you tell I want 1 more week of snowpack........I'm such a weenie.

• Weenie 2

55 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

to the north, we've had pretty much pure snow, and up at cabin over the weekend, I'm easily sitting aoa 16-20" otg.  It has condensed/compressed and was in GREAT shape.

central part of state had minor mixing for a couple events, but did pretty well, and I'd wager 8-15" snow pack s/ Ip/ZR densifier additive.

for southers we've had several events with Ip/Zr densifier additive....couple that w/ todays 3-5 will likely make it to the weekend. 

Yes, we'll lose some, but I dont think ANYONE sees bare ground for a while.  Now if saturday becomes a rainer, then that may knock the pack down pretty good.  

can you tell I want 1 more week of snowpack........I'm such a weenie.

I really truly hope you're right. I'm...skeptical. 

GEEZ! Cashtown makes everything now even the AFD's: :D

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
Steady snow has ended and Advisories lowered. An additional
coating may be seen in some areas as bands of lighter snow
showers traverse central PA ahead of upper trof. System was very
consistent with 2 to 4 inch amounts common, and a 5 inch report
at Cashtown.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, many areas will be down to piles in a couple days.