Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I like to watch the local news so I know what I am up against in talking to others outside the weather circle.  There are still people/families who gather around the TV when Joe Calhoun comes on as if it was the President speaking about an impending war. 

I do like Joe always have liked him, the only thing I didn't care about him was he is an Eagles fan. :D   Now that Matt Moore is out of the picture I don't know who else I would follow if watching local. 

Just now, paweather said:

I do like Joe always have liked him, the only thing I didn't care about him was he is an Eagles fan. :D   Now that Matt Moore is out of the picture I don't know who else I would follow if watching local. 

I hear Chuck Roads will be out of the hospital soon and FHS has a standing order to not go within 1000 feet of him so maybe he is a possibility.  LOL.  Chuck Rhodes might be jealous though. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I hear Chuck Roads will be out of the hospital soon and FHS has a standing order to not go within 1000 feet of him so maybe he is a possibility.  LOL.  Chuck Rhodes might be jealous though. 

I liked him as well.  Hope he's ok?  Whats the gig?

For the few of you who melt down your snow, such as @Cashtown_Coop, I'd love to hear from you.  I think you'd all be interested to know that this storm had the highest SLR of any event this season.  I measured 2.8" of pure snow and it melted down to 0.20" of liquid.  This produced a ratio of exactly 14 : 1.  I don't think any other event this winter had a ratio that high.  Most of my other events were all around 10:1.  So, another anomaly from this storm.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL.  FHS told a story earlier about beating up "Chuck Roads".  He spelled Chuck Rhodes' name wrong so I was mocking that he got the wrong guy.   Chuck Rhodes is retired. 

I saw that and sorta flew by it.....now it makes sense.

delayed....lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wasn't home for measurements today...asked my wife to do her best, she got an average of 4.5" from 3 separate measurements. Going with 4.5", that takes my season total to exactly 37". WAY more than I would have imagined going into this winter - I'm thrilled. :) 

Been a great winter. A few big storms, some pack refreshes, just no real cold blast at all. 

Just now, canderson said:

Been a great winter. A few big storms, some pack refreshes, just no real cold blast at all. 

It has been the Pacific train and the fact that Canada did not let us down. High Pressure after High Pressure to our north and the Pacific has come together well this winter without the true artic blast.

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wasn't home for measurements today...asked my wife to do her best, she got an average of 4.5" from 3 separate measurements. Going with 4.5", that takes my season total to exactly 37". WAY more than I would have imagined going into this winter - I'm thrilled. :) 

Now lets cap this beotch off with a March Blizzard

• Like 1

Was going to call a final a bit ago but still getting quick bursts of moderate to heavy snow with the lingering scattered precip. 

1 hour ago, CarlislePaWx said:

For the few of you who melt down your snow, such as @Cashtown_Coop, I'd love to hear from you.  I think you'd all be interested to know that this storm had the highest SLR of any event this season.  I measured 2.8" of pure snow and it melted down to 0.20" of liquid.  This produced a ratio of exactly 14 : 1.  I don't think any other event this winter had a ratio that high.  Most of my other events were all around 10:1.  So, another anomaly from this storm.

I was curious about this as well, as I did mention last night just a couple degrees colder on the low level temps might make a difference between 10:1 and <10:1 and higher amounts. There  definitely must have been some good snow growth with at least the front part of the event and those colder low level temps meant the flakes didn't get rimed or anything like that. This thing arriving a bit early helped too. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And highs in the 20's a few days after.  Its already 41 here today so the pack is going backwards again. 

I'm up to 34. We will take a hit Wednesday for certain at 50+ A friend said winter is over, her Horses are shedding. I guess thats some kinda of sign. 

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm up to 34. We will take a hit Wednesday for certain at 50+ A friend said winter is over, her Horses are shedding. I guess thats some kinda of sign. 

Man, I got kicked in the ass for punting December last winter (when it deserved to be punted based on the results) but even I cannot call winter over when Met winter is not even over.