Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

19 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

c74eee19442fd8d7d02094666f1c0458.jpg

Beautiful scene in Linglestown this morn.. man, this hobby is a constant reminder of how expectations determine perception of events.. yesterday at this time, I was staring to 2.5 inches of fresh snowfall and feeling a bit disappointed.. this morning I go out and measure 2.5 inches of additional snowfall overnight and I’m giddy... my irrational snow-weenie mind on full display the last 24 hours.

Nice. Congrats on part 2. Not sure why some are complaining but to each is own. Storm totally lived up to my expectations. 

headed snowmobiling. Y’all enjoy however you can. It’s beautiful outside. 

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the insight that this board delivers! Really has been my go to to track the weather and allows me to get the needed info without the "weenie" anger from the other boards.

Part 2 was great as promised and we ended up over 4" with snow still falling. Up to 65" here and we usually have big March's (and April) so hopefully more to come. Getting back to the time of the season where elevation can matter.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It’s saying I cant post a photo from my phone bc its too big? 1.95MB limit or something. Im new to this forum anyone have any advice?

Mine does the same, on my phone I just switch it to the large size, not actual size. Then it works. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yeah not the best setup yet for Friday. 

Maybe not, it's way out there - I still like the potential for storm #2 next week way more than the Monday deal. (though at this point, some snow is more likely with Monday's deal than the end of the week) 

Monday looks like a few hours of precip - get it here early enough and it's a couple/few inches of snow. I don't see much more potential for that.

Later next week looks more intriguing for potentially a more significant event, but it's way out there and details will be nebulous for a few more days at least. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Maybe not, it's way out there - I still like the potential for storm #2 next week way more than the Monday deal. (though at this point, some snow is more likely with Monday's deal than the end of the week) 

Monday looks like a few hours of precip - get it here early enough and it's a couple/few inches of snow. I don't see much more potential for that.

Later next week looks more intriguing for potentially a more significant event, but it's way out there and details will be nebulous for a few more days at least. 

You got it good description of these events. Maybe we will get lucky and the Monday storm amplifies more but then maybe temp issues down here. One thing is as you pointed it out it is a quick one.  

56 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My clipper forecast I wanted, LOL, even though Monday is a not clipper.