Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Same here - I got double midtown Harrisburg.

Then again, Holtwood, which is about 20 miles south of me, got 8". 

only 2.5" yesterday.  At some point it started sleeting last evening but i was incoherent when my daughter was telling me. but regardless had an 1" until this morning. snow good now too. YTD 29 1/2"  

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

only 2.5" yesterday.  At some point it started sleeting last evening but i was incoherent when my daughter was telling me. but regardless had an 1" until this morning. snow good now too. YTD 29 1/2"  

All of the forecasts for yesterday were for more snow north, more mix (less snow) south. At least in Lanco the exact opposite happened. Southern parts of the county received 6-8", north of Rt. 30 it was closer to 4". 

You just never know.  :)

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

All of the forecasts for yesterday were for more snow north, more mix (less snow) south. At least in Lanco the exact opposite happened. Southern parts of the country received 6-8", north of Rt. 30 it was closer to 4". 

You just never know.  :)

Very true. and with this, we have another multi day event. I like it! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've been looking at Monday much like Nut was looking at yesterday. Meh. I've given it zero thought or attention. Guess I'll have to look into it somewhat...

I have not had time to look at dynamics or reasoning for the snow but I just viewed 4 models and all give 2" or more.   Currently pegged to be a daytime thing so would indeed need rates as the temps are marginal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Gotta be the ice on the side roads. They’re Olympic qualify rinks. 

Our roads over home aren't bad, at all. Just a bunch of BS. my its my age showing i don't know. Hell even the post office calls mailmen back. people are getting soft. I remember laying in snow putting tire chains on my dads car so he could go to work. And we didn't have Carharts either. :blink: Damn guys call off work over this? Come on man! Sorry, i'll end my rant. :wacko2:

• Like 1

Just now, sauss06 said:

Our roads over home aren't bad, at all. Just a bunch of BS. my its my age showing i don't know. Hell even the post office calls mailmen back. people are getting soft. I remember laying in snow putting tire chains on my dads car so he could go to work. And we didn't have Carharts either. :blink: Damn guys call off work over this? Come on man! Sorry, i'll end my rant. :wacko2:

When I was younger in my late teens early 20s we looked forward to snow. Especially deep snows and drifting. We would go out and conquer the drifts with cars from the 60s and 70s that were rear wheel drive. We never got stuck or in an accident. I agree society has gotten  soft. But also now if you get in an accident the first thing people wanna do is sue.

10 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

When I was younger in my late teens early 20s we looked forward to snow. Especially deep snows and drifting. We would go out and conquer the drifts with cars from the 60s and 70s that were rear wheel drive. We never got stuck or in an accident. I agree society has gotten  soft. But also now if you get in an accident the first thing people wanna do is sue.

Could not have said it better...

15 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I get it. However the world doesn't stop turning. Its 3" of snow, not a blizzard. These guys calling off work for 3" snow weren't raised by men like my father.  Its laughable. 

Just now, sauss06 said:

I get it. However the world doesn't stop turning. Its 3" of snow, not a blizzard. These guys calling off work for 3" snow weren't raised by men like my father.  Its laughable. 

Some people spend as much energy trying to find ways to not do stuff as they spend actually being productive. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some people spend as much energy trying to find ways to not do stuff as they spend actually being productive. 

Bingo. i'm 58 and will out work everyone here under 30. Don't get me started lol. 

Still light snow here at work in Harrisburg. Rates have tapered  now though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Where I work, in the owner's mind, drivers and equipment are worth more than a load of water. Add in the lawsuits if you happen to spin out, or in our case, jacknife, and it just isn't worth it to be out.

41 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Someone forgot to have their morning Jameson on the rocks. :)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Someone forgot to have their morning Jameson on the rocks. :)

I need one. Just sick of much of the younger generation. call off work for 2 days for 3 damn inches of snow, wtf. Around Harrisburg, the highways are clear, the back roads have MAYBE an 1" .  one guy who called off OWNS A FRICKING JEEP. 

Sorry 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Neither rain nor....rain.

• Like 1

c74eee19442fd8d7d02094666f1c0458.jpg

Beautiful scene in Linglestown this morn.. man, this hobby is a constant reminder of how expectations determine perception of events.. yesterday at this time, I was staring to 2.5 inches of fresh snowfall and feeling a bit disappointed.. this morning I go out and measure 2.5 inches of additional snowfall overnight and I’m giddy... my irrational snow-weenie mind on full display the last 24 hours.

• Like 1

Good morning all!  Well it was nice waking up to pixie dust earlier.  Round 2 did not beat out round 1.  Round 1 I received 2.4" and round 1 overnight I picked up an additional 1.0" for a 2-day storm total of 3.4".  Another underperformer.  But as I said yesterday it looks great out there again especially the snow on all the trees.  My temp is up to 30.4 so perhaps there will be a little melting this afternoon before it all refreezes tonight.  I'll be back with another post with the liquid equivalents from both rounds.