Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

1 hour ago, FHS said:

Well you picked one hell of cycle to learn from . Has your professor had much to say about the foretasted positioning of this cycles sun spots and coronal holes. If we had a drakes coffee cake I would happily give you one.

Well he hasn't said too much, I'll have to talk to him about it and I'll even bring up your question to ask. However, I do know that it's known that towards the very end/beginning of new solar cycles, that the solar sun spots, CMEs, flares, coronal holes etc. all start closer to the poles of the sun and stronger. As the cycle progresses -> these features move towards the equator of the sun and also subsequently weaken in intensity as well.

Here in Millersville, 28 degrees and just some freezing mist/drizzle that has encased my car with a sheet of ice...

Judah Cohen said in the twitter  "March, in like a lion out like a lamb." GFS predicting the first part should be correct as blocking shifts from Europe closer to Greenland allowing relatively colder temperatures to return to both Europe & the Eastern US. Still just a forecast but impressive expanse of cold air!"

Hope that verifies. 

EugwzYKXAAEIeat.jpg

43 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Judah Cohen said in the twitter  "March, in like a lion out like a lamb." GFS predicting the first part should be correct as blocking shifts from Europe closer to Greenland allowing relatively colder temperatures to return to both Europe & the Eastern US. Still just a forecast but impressive expanse of cold air!"

Hope that verifies. 

EugwzYKXAAEIeat.jpg

if that were to verify, and we can hang onto a few more weeks of winter then melt into spring, I'd be most pleased w/ this year.

Still got a couple more storms to track in me.....

BTW, it looks like mag to state college to Wspt are getting snow right now. lol

So work was just not worth going in tonight hardly any one showed up tho my area wasnt bad at all. Main reason myself and so many are leaving early is cause of freezing mist drizzle icing everything up bad. Since I was asleep through the whole storm and at work till now. What made the storm go from a 24 hour or so event down to 6 hours in central PA? I mean up till late model runs last night into this morning they were hinting it lasting into a good part of fri morning. Infact the wsw was pushed back till 10 am I wake up to it canceled and under a wwa. That in its self was odd to watch the 5am news and they were saying it would cut off around noon or 1pm what models made them pick up on that since late night models were trending more snow?