• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

A review of the latest HRRR (16Z) says that approximately 2" more is yet to come for all of us.  However, it doesn't restart until about 6:00pm this evening and it's over with around 2:00am tomorrow.  If I can double my storm total from thus far, it'll be a minor victory.  Currently the temperature isn't going anywhere even though the skies did brighten considerably for a time 30 minutes ago.  They've darkened back up again now.  Temp is 25.2 degrees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Here in Carlisle at 11:00am the snow has ended.  Looks like there's going to be a LONG lull.  2.1" storm total.  Temp back up to 24.4 degrees.  I had the heaviest rates of the storm about 20 minutes ago right before some sleet began to mix in.  I'm not giving up totally but I think the HRRR is going to be right.  (Sorry for sounding so down!  Not usually like this but all 3 big storms this winter I underperformed by a good margin.)  I know it will snow again, maybe this Monday?

Commenting on the season as whole I feel the same.   Never got into a death band, all storms were lower end of guidance, and never jackpotted.   The beat continues today 

2 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

They canceled it everywhere except for a couple NE counties.  Hoisted a new WWA for the stuff coming tonight.  

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

A review of the latest HRRR (16Z) says that approximately 2" more is yet to come for all of us.  However, it doesn't restart until about 6:00pm this evening and it's over with around 2:00am tomorrow.  If I can double my storm total from thus far, it'll be a minor victory.  Currently the temperature isn't going anywhere even though the skies did brighten considerably for a time 30 minutes ago.  They've darkened back up again now.  Temp is 25.2 degrees.

CTP going for 1-3" additional snowfall tonight through mid morning tomorrow. 

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

HRRR is coming around to the NAM 12K :lol: Let's hope I can reach 6". And so I don't have to eat crow with Nut. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Its been modelled as a 2 part storm for a while.  I think because of the dryslot/lul, many are already calling bust, but like you...if I can get another 1-2" on top of the mornings 4", its well within the scope of my expectations.  After dinner tonight....weenies will back in here model/radar watchin to see what they can score......It's our crack.

15 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yes that should be coming our way with the coastal. 

Radar seems to be done w/ lunch break and is firing back up.  I'd not expect widespread snows, but bands of light (as per meso's).  Whoever gets under them, looks to get 1-2" topper.