Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Overall though - I have to say this and then I need to do some work:

I find what's happening today to be 100% fascinating. We spend hours meticulously breaking down models, analyzing this and that, reaching into our own personal climo history books and memory. And yet - every storm is so unique and different. I know @paweather was/is hoping for up to 10" of snow today, most of us were somewhere between 3-8". Certainly NO one was expecting amounts at or exceeding 1'. And yet, out of nowhere, there are locations just west of Philly taking a solid run towards...who knows? Conshohocken is over 14" and ripping. That can't be predicted by anyone. What an amazing surprise for those people. 

And that - is why I love the weather as much as I do. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Overall though - I have to say this and then I need to do some work:

I find what's happening today to be 100% fascinating. We spend hours meticulously breaking down models, analyzing this and that, reaching into our own personal climo history books and memory. And yet - every storm is so unique and different. I know @paweather was/is hoping for up to 10" of snow today, most of us were somewhere between 3-8". Certainly NO one was expecting amounts at or exceeding 1'. And yet, out of nowhere, there are locations just west of Philly taking a solid run towards...who knows? Conshohocken is over 14" and ripping. That can't be predicted by anyone. What an amazing surprise for those people. 

And that - is why I love the weather as much as I do. 

Nicely said. No doubt about it. 

** But if I get 10" Bubbler won't let me take credit. :-( 

4 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

This thing is hauling according to radar. We will be done by 1. Plus NWS put this out below us:

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/2021/md0119.html

If you believe there is a second part to this storm than it won't be over even if there is a lull. It just depends on the many coastals that are coming up from the south. 

2 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

Looks like it has changed over outside.  

I have the big random flakes that you described earlier, and are often the indicator that the pingers are about to recommence here. We'll see - just about 4" here now. 

Again - I'm really glad that you joined our thread. Good to have eastern Lanco well represented! 

• Like 1

Here in Carlisle at 11:00am the snow has ended.  Looks like there's going to be a LONG lull.  2.1" storm total.  Temp back up to 24.4 degrees.  I had the heaviest rates of the storm about 20 minutes ago right before some sleet began to mix in.  I'm not giving up totally but I think the HRRR is going to be right.  (Sorry for sounding so down!  Not usually like this but all 3 big storms this winter I underperformed by a good margin.)  I know it will snow again, maybe this Monday?

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Here in Carlisle at 11:00am the snow has ended.  Looks like there's going to be a LONG lull.  2.1" storm total.  Temp back up to 24.4 degrees.  I had the heaviest rates of the storm about 20 minutes ago right before some sleet began to mix in.  I'm not giving up totally but I think the HRRR is going to be right.  (Sorry for sounding so down!  Not usually like this but all 3 big storms this winter I underperformed by a good margin.)  I know it will snow again, maybe this Monday?

GFS wants to rain on the Monday parade as of now. Hang in there and hope you can get a 2nd slug of moisture coming in.