• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

CMC was taint free for us, and has Chesco adn pts east taintin.

As we get closer and BY forecasts start to become increasingly more important......

a true :weenie: must pull for the model that shows him/her what they want to see, and I approve of the CMC.  Overall it was a step back from 0z in qpf, but still has me white not wet.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

CMC was taint free for us, and has Chesco adn pts east taintin.

As we get closer and BY forecasts start to become increasingly more important......

a true :weenie: must pull for the model that shows him/her what they want to see, and I approve of the CMC.  Overall it was a step back from 0z in qpf, but still has me white not wet.  

It is like a double edge sword where is the north trend (then probably mix). 

sauss, you were right.

-- Discussion containing changed information from previous version are highlighted. --

000 FXUS61 KCTP 171454 AFDCTP Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service State College PA 954 AM EST Wed Feb 17 2021 .SYNOPSIS... Fair and cold today with increasing clouds into tonight. A winter storm will bring widespread accumulating snow Thursday through Thursday night with 6 inches or more possible over the southeast half of the area. Leftover snow showers Friday will fade into the weekend with below normal temperatures. A fast moving system may bring another round of snow Sunday night into Monday. Behind this early week system, the pattern through the end of February looks less stormy with a temperature outlook that tilts the odds toward near to above average readings. && .NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

-- Changed Discussion --

A cold morning with a good deal of welcome sunshine in many areas. Surface high building into the Keystone State ensures fair and cold conditions today. Forecast highs in the low 20s over the Alleghenies to around 30 degrees in the lower Susq. Valley will be a solid 10 to 15 degrees below normal with a 24hr MaxT change of similar magnitude. Warm advection aloft ahead of deepening mid/upper trough over the Plains should result in increasing clouds this evening into tonight.

-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FHS said:

That,s pretty interesting.  We where just getting the wheels turning or already in a very strong la Nina by jan 2011 and solor activity was just ramping up its climb to maxims . Thats just two of the similarities i can think of between this winter and 2011.

FHS thoughts on the impeding snowstorm? 

22 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

sauss, you were right.

-- Discussion containing changed information from previous version are highlighted. --

000 FXUS61 KCTP 171454 AFDCTP Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service State College PA 954 AM EST Wed Feb 17 2021 .SYNOPSIS... Fair and cold today with increasing clouds into tonight. A winter storm will bring widespread accumulating snow Thursday through Thursday night with 6 inches or more possible over the southeast half of the area. Leftover snow showers Friday will fade into the weekend with below normal temperatures. A fast moving system may bring another round of snow Sunday night into Monday. Behind this early week system, the pattern through the end of February looks less stormy with a temperature outlook that tilts the odds toward near to above average readings. && .NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

-- Changed Discussion --

A cold morning with a good deal of welcome sunshine in many areas. Surface high building into the Keystone State ensures fair and cold conditions today. Forecast highs in the low 20s over the Alleghenies to around 30 degrees in the lower Susq. Valley will be a solid 10 to 15 degrees below normal with a 24hr MaxT change of similar magnitude. Warm advection aloft ahead of deepening mid/upper trough over the Plains should result in increasing clouds this evening into tonight.

-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

well, i started to wonder. Looked like the sun was trying to peak through. But ive been cold since 430 :thumbsdown:

1 hour ago, Festus said:

Crazy reading the last page or 2 how close so many of us are geographically yet experience such different results this time of year.  Whenever covid eases, we should have a gathering.  I can only imagine how different most of us are in person versus how we are perceived on this board.

That would be fun!  I'm 5 miles WNW of Etown right inside Dauphin County

I'll be honest and I don't want to poo poo on the party which is why my posts have been few and far between today...

Since Sunday, I have felt exceptionally good AND confident about this storm.

My faith in this storm is wavering big time today for 2 reasons: overall less QPF being modeled, and more importantly, mixing issues. 

Someone talk me back from the precipice. First one to alleviate my fear gets a free brewskie. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I'll be honest and I don't want to poo poo on the party which is why my posts have been few and far between today...

My faith in this storm is wavering big time today for 2 reasons: overall less QPF being modeled, and more importantly, mixing issues. 

Someone talk me back from the precipice. First one to alleviate my fear gets a free brewskie. 

(Once again), I would rather be where you are than where I am :P

Expect the least and hope for the best.  At this point, I just want things to be a mess outside.  A few inches of fresh white followed by sleet, I can live with.

The key difference here vs. the super-frustrating storm from a few weeks ago is that once the snow is finished, you can be at peace knowing it's just about done.  That was sheer, unadulterated agony watching everyone switch back to snow with that storm while I kept pinging.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Easy. The world will continue to spin no matter what happens. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I would love to alleviate your concerns but I'm having some of the same worries myself.  Let's just put it this way, we should be in for a nice thump of snow sometime between roughly 7am-Noon before we have to even consider worrying about mixing, or at least that's the hope ha.  Yes the heaviest rates may remain below the border but we should still be in for some nice amounts.  Just enjoy whatever comes during the morning and the rest is gravy.  The weather gods will have the final say, as they always do.