Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

1 minute ago, Festus said:

Crazy reading the last page or 2 how close so many of us are geographically yet experience such different results this time of year.  Whenever covid eases, we should have a gathering.  I can only imagine how different most of us are in person versus how we are perceived on this board.

I'm every bit as ugly in person as my pic suggests. 

This has been talked about before, we really should do this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I agree although it does show the 2 part storm nicely. Just not the heavier overrunning rates. 

For me, now I start to focus on mesos and thermal profiles.  700's for GFS was ever so slightly warmer at 24 but better beyond that for LSV.  850s slightly worse for Lanco n east.  I see the normal battlelines shaping up.  Was hoping that wouldnt be the case down here.  

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A lot of you guys are very impressive in terms of weather prediction skills.  And I'd imagine most are self taught which is even more impressive.  I did 2 years of Meteorology at Millersville before switching majors (Barry Walton era - yikes) and we would draw isobars and isotherms by hand (double yikes).  Always interested in weather but some of you really take it to the next level.  And yes, a meeting would be fantastic.

12 minutes ago, Festus said:

Crazy reading the last page or 2 how close so many of us are geographically yet experience such different results this time of year.  Whenever covid eases, we should have a gathering.  I can only imagine how different most of us are in person versus how we are perceived on this board.

Nope, i'm an asshole in person too

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

we have, for years. need to pull the trigger on this. And @pasnownut is buying

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

GFS likes the longer duration event lasting into Friday but is weaker with the front end thump and keeps the heaviest rates south of the border.  Just generally drier overall.  The Rgem has been on the drier side as well, relatively speaking of course.  But still, hmmmmmm

That is the GFS always drier and more realistic than the NAM. But you take the averages and it is still about where we were yesterday 4-8" 5-10". My greed is to get anything now out of the coastal and keep it snowing into Friday albeit even if it is light. 

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

I still remember when AmericanWX or maybe Marcus held their Weather Conferences in Maryland. Never went to one. But maybe we can invite DT to ours???? :D

Good Lord.  You would need to hire security to protect yourself from assault.  Aleet, Aleet, Paweather has a broken nose. 

• Haha 1