Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Let's hope Mag we can keep this under. I didn't think there would be a transfer but It sounds like it is still on the table. 

Go back and look at the maps that I posted this morning. There was plenty of room and ridging out ahead  for this to trend poorly. That’s exactly what I was worried about. Whether it’s a b or an a doesn’t matter if trough axis lets s/w flow out ahead screw our precious thermals. To many rain is rain no matter how we achieve it. Hp needs to hold for cad to save the day. 

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

So shift that 50 miles north and u see what LSV gets. Jipped. :lol:

I actually think we are in a good position. I know you have been negative today about it and the NAM may be right. Who Knows. But the trends today were good. I'll just take it one model suite run at a time. This is the Caboose until likely March so as I said I am all in on this. 6 plus. lollipops of 10". I can and will be disappointed. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, paweather said:

I actually think we are in a good position. I know you have been negative today about it and the NAM may be right. Who Knows. But the trends today were good. I'll just take it one model suite run at a time. This is the Caboose until likely March so as I said I am all in on this. 6 plus. lollipops of 10". I can and will be disappointed. 

I honestly think the most realistic "expectation" right now should be 3-6". I would NEVER expect more than 6" from this setup or you will likely be disappointed.

We might still not get that much - but 3-6" sounds about right for now.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I honestly think the most realistic "expectation" right now should be 3-6". I would NEVER expect more than 6" from this setup or you will likely be disappointed.

We might still not get that much - but 3-6" sounds about right for now.

That is why I said I will be disappointed. LOL. Exactly. But in this winter season and model chaos things could change in 6 hours. and the NAM may be right as well. I just am in the mindset this is the last hoorah until maybe March gottta go all in on it. 

13 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Ice storm warning for me now. My entire run from Hazleton to Allentown. It's going to be an interesting night hauling water unless the customer cuts loads, or I call it off myself if it gets bad... 

Just curious but if you are loaded and then canceled say power out at destination on last load  do you have to dump the water.  I assume you would if below freezing or a certain temp. 

6 minutes ago, dcfox1 said:

Just curious but if you are loaded and then canceled say power out at destination on last load  do you have to dump the water.  I assume you would if below freezing or a certain temp. 

I honestly don't know. The tank has some insulation around it under the chrome jacket. I guess it would be a time issue more than anything. If I could park it in our shop, it would probably be ok, but we usually park our loaded dump trailers inside, because the coal does freeze.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your weather station is not updating at the interval I am used to seeing it.

Lol I’ve been back and forth emailing mesowest and cwop and they’re telling me everything is fine.   It’s been aggravating to say the least.  Plus the Rainwise station data is incorrect online.   I bet it’s been 20 emails and I’ve made no progress.   

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Thanks! CTP shows .43" for my area. Hopefully smart minds (boss or receiver) say to park the truck.

Was on I-81 from Wilkes Barre south to I-78 couple of hours ago; light freezing drizzle was icing my truck and windshield, but the roads were still just wet.  But the "sun" was still up at that time...I personally would be in park now that the sun has set...

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well they might not see the issue but everything is not fine.  Sound like they need a refresher in  IT service management.  Lol.  

Also the numbers aren’t the same.  It’s like a calibration issue as well.   Temp reads 1 degree higher online than what the home display shows.