Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

24 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Radar looks good for you.  Mag should be S+ now

It's been crushing pretty good for a little while though starting to get on the edge of the best stuff. Glance at the snowboard out in the yard from inside using binoculars with the lights on looks like almost 3". How much back building happens is likely going to determine if I can get into the 4-6" forecasted range. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It's been crushing pretty good for a little while though starting to get on the edge of the best stuff. Glance at the snowboard out in the yard from inside using binoculars with the lights on looks like almost 3". How much back building happens is likely going to determine if I can get into the 4-6" forecasted range. 

I like your style.  Im going to have to invest in a pair of binoculars.   I’m currently on crutches:oldman:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

Now I will take next Tuesday even though it may be ICE for me. Great look. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22.png

This is snow to sleet and then heavy sleet, ending as sleet.  There's obviously plenty of time for this to correct south, or get worse.  Axis of heaviest snow is only 50-75 miles north of us.  Another @Wmsptwx special.  This would put them way over the top for climo for them.

• Like 1

The GFS on Tuesday takes the low from North Carolina to off of the coast of the DelMarVa. With all of the High pressure to the north & west that is supplying Arctic air, this should trend to a colder look with at least a very solid front end thump of snow & then mixing for some areas depending on the final track.

73B1BB81-C09B-491D-A93C-2F03FA958550.png

EB77111E-0655-4339-A500-15215A7A107E.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The GFS on Tuesday takes the low from North Carolina to off of the coast of the DelMarVa. With all of the High pressure to the north & west that is supplying Arctic air, this should trend to a colder look with at least a very solid front end thump of snow & then mixing for some areas depending on the final track.

Yea even though this still looks mixy you can see tonight's run gets the low to the coast under us and with that banana high to the north it def favors deeper cold and a more frozen outcome. 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong 2-4" of snow, any snow is good with me. But the models are just teasing right now with these NS systems. Next Tuesday might be the first one with a full phase NS and SS phase that for us down here would be ICE/Rain and N PA would capitalize. I am fine with with that. I just want a blossom storm instead of an NS storm. Models will change many times over the next couple of days as the did with the Weekend Storm. Mag and others can tell me wrong I am an rookie at this and I am fine with it. 

Here in Carlisle, at midnight, it continues to snow moderately.  Since the snow began back around 9:30pm I have recorded 1.0" of snow on the board so far.  Temp holding now at 27.1 degrees with a dew point of 25.2 degrees.  I'll be back in the morning with an update.  Hopefully I'll be reporting more than an inch of additional snow.  We'll see.  Night all.  Enjoy it while you can.  We're going to suffer for a whole 48 hours before we see more fall again...lol.

Don't get me wrong 2-4" of snow, any snow is good with me. But the models are just teasing right now with these NS systems. Next Tuesday might be the first one with a full phase NS and SS phase that for us down here would be ICE/Rain and N PA would capitalize. I am fine with with that. I just want a blossom storm instead of an NS storm. Models will change many times over the next couple of days as the did with the Weekend Storm. Mag and others can tell me wrong I am an rookie at this and I am fine with it. 

Man, I would 2-4” twice a week for a few weeks straight hands down over one big one that mixes 60-75% of the time here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Lol @MillvilleWx might win "coldest snowstorm of the winter" down there in Midland, TX with the storm that becomes our Tuesday event. Yes those temps are in ºF

ecmwf-deterministic-tx-t2m_f-3379600.thumb.png.c0dcef9fa7806d65f92ce2d074ece055.png

That's some pretty impressive cold for that far south. Those reds are low teens all the way down into old Mexico. Crazy!

As for me, just got home from work. Decided not to do my last load, which was a good call. The guy that loaded ahead of me made the right onto 309 to go up the Blue Mountain and lost traction and got stuck. That would have been my fate as well, had I loaded and tried to go deliver it. After helping him blindside back onto the road he came out of, we both went back to the yard and called it a night. 309 was completely snowpacked.

Just went out and we have 1.5" so far.

5 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

My bar for this event for MDT is 3.5 inches to get the seasonal total to 30 inches. This would get them to be within 2 inches of exceeding the climo seasonal average. Everything after this weekend through March would just be stats padding to see how much we can pile on!

just outside Middletown when i came home around 230am at work I had 3 inchs on my car. when I got home a 20 min drive I had 3.5 and still snowed pretty good for 2 hours. I havent went out since I got home but safe to say we hit just over 4 inchs